Your fantasy pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A deep pan, with cheese filled crust, topped with plenty of authentic tomato sauce with just a touch of garlic, red onions, sweetcorn, bits of tomatos here n there, finished with mozzerella and cheddar. Mmmmm. Aaaar. I bloddy need some right now man :(

You must have thinly sliced onions, and chili flakes on a pizza. Never put pineapple on a pizza though. :mad:

^Thinly sliced red onions! lol A pizza is incomplete without em man. Bloddddy yum. I personally dont like chilli flakes, they always get stuck in my teeth lol and i agree, defo no pineapple on a pizza. Shouldnt be anything sweet on a pizza for goodness sake

shamalicious, i almost can't eat pizza (ok, that's exaggerating a bit) without finely chopped raw onions.

and if it's available, a splash or 3 of frank's red hot sauce.

or a tbsp or 2 of the leftover sauce from mussels fra diavolo. try it, it's amazing.

but always onions, preferrably red.

^Ooooh. Good. lol. Its nice to see someone who shares my love of onions :) Red onions and spring onions are the ones! But white onions would do the job lol

I'm so boring. I would have extra crispy crust, red sauce, pepperoni, sausage, jalepenos, onions, green bell pepper & diced tomatoes.

SHAMALICIOUS said:
Shouldnt be anything sweet on a pizza for goodness sake

Do you know there is a proper category in Italy, none other than the home of pizzas, which they call "sweet pizzas"??:rolleyes:

Nutella pizzas are hugely popular among children and children at heart, also I tried a pizza sprinkled with grapes and powdered sugar, and it was delicious!!

Well, the difference is that outside Italy, what people think of immediately upon hearing "pizza" is something with cheese and tomato based sauce.
Actually in Italy, "pizza" really means the dough, the bread part, from which you could do just about anything.
The basic baked pizza dough, sometimes called "focaccia" abroad, is "pizza bianca" (white pizza), which is also good fresh out of the oven only with a bit of evoo and salt, or people tend to make sandwiches (panino) with them, too.... and then, also creating some sweet treat is very, very possible!!:-p

My parents visited Italy once, she was amazed. A traditional pizza seems to be tomatoe base and cheese. :ohmy:

urmaniac13 said:
Do you know there is a proper category in Italy, none other than the home of pizzas, which they call "sweet pizzas"??:rolleyes:

Nutella pizzas are hugely popular among children and children at heart, also I tried a pizza sprinkled with grapes and powdered sugar, and it was delicious!!

My goodness. that is terrrrible terrible stuff lol. wot kinda pizza is that lol. :ermm: silly me eh :huh:

don't despair sham, our onion breath will cast off those oddball "sweet pizza" people. (just curious urm, is it called pizza dulce?)

i think there needs to be a distinction. pizza may have many toppings (fillings are another category, an abomination imo, being a thin crust guy), but it should only be classified as a "pizza" if it contains cheese and tomatoes on a foccacia like crust of varied thicknesses.
white, and all other pizzas that stray from these denominators should be called topped foccacias, or open face foccacias, or what have you.

but nun-ja call that crap ah-beetz! (viciously flicking underside of chin with fingernails)

buckytom said:
don't despair sham, our onion breath will cast off those oddball "sweet pizza" people. (just curious urm, is it called pizza dulce?)

You came very close, Bucky, however "dulce" is spanish, Italian for sweet is "DOLCE", thus pizza dolce:)

buckytom said:
i think there needs to be a distinction. pizza may have many toppings (fillings are another category, an abomination imo, being a thin crust guy), but it should only be classified as a "pizza" if it contains cheese and tomatoes on a foccacia like crust of varied thicknesses.
white, and all other pizzas that stray from these denominators should be called topped foccacias, or open face foccacias, or what have you.

Well Bucky, I think the version with cheese and tomato based sauce is the only kind of "pizza" that became spread abroad, so I don't really blame you for your comment. But if you come to the pizza capital of the world here in Italy, you will soon realise that white pizzas, which are served without any tomato sauce (which are called "red" pizza), are just as popular as the one with tomatoes, and there are endless varieties of white pizzas being enjoyed here. Actually I came to prefer in general the white version, as with the very thin and crispy Roman style pizza, tomato sauce tends to get the dough a bit too soggy if you don't spread it carefully and very thinly.

As I mentioned, in Italy the basic meaning of the "pizza" is the bread part, and there is a certain difference between the baked pizza dough (pizza bianca) and focaccia, With focaccia being much thicker, fluffier and often baked with some other ingredients, like olives or sun dried tomatoes. But then again, it is true that the Italian immigrants who has settled elsewhere a few generations ago were often cut off from any contacts with the folks from their homeland, and developed their own tradition over the time, which sort of branched out from the original version. So your point of view is probably "correct" in, say, Brooklyn. Also there are huge difference between pizzas between Rome and Napoli, in the end, it is pretty much like the discussion whether you say "to-mah-to" or "to-may-to"...

buckytom said:
but nun-ja call that crap ah-beetz!

What? Do you know some of the Napolitan dialect which I ever fail to comprehend???:-p

lol tom, i agree, a pizza just isnt a pizza without red onions, and i dnt think i could ever imagine enjoying a sweet pizza

Good post! Umm... fresh mozzerella and white chedder cheese, deep dish, slightly chewy crust (dough made with lots of EVOO), topped with saffron and rosemary and basil and tarragon and lamb sausage and whole black olives, both olive oil and white sauce as the sauce, a huge crust stuffed with cheese.
Okay, that wasn't very good, but I can't really think right now.

It may not be very avant gaurd, but it's what I like.
1. zesty tomato sauce spiced with oregano and red pepper, double thick.
2. Pepperoni, with enough space between the slices to see the sauce
3 itallian sausage chunks
4. sliced black ollives
5. sliced saute'd mushrooms (prochini preffered)
Shredded Muenster or Parmesano Regiano, or a mixture of shredded
havarti, Asiago, and provolone, thick enough to keep the pepperoni from overcooking
6. sliced onions
7. sliced green bell peppers
8. all on a deep-dish yeasty crust, breadlike, not biscuit-like in consistancy.

And if available, cooked over a hot, charcoal fire with a lid on it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Mix a little curry paste with water and use that as the base, add chicken and shaved onion. Simple and quite delicate.

Back
Top Bottom