NY - Farmingdale...Palmer's American Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheftom

Assistant Cook
Palmer's American Grill
Farmingdale, NY

Great Food - Rude Service

My girlfriend and I set out to celebrate our anniversary. A friend had given us a $25 gift certificate for Palmer’s American Grill. This was our first time dining at this establishment. The decor was nice. After reviewing the menu, a waitress came to take the order. We each ordered a drink and entree. I then showed her the gift certificate and she snapped at us, “well did you order enough? there is a 50 minimum!” We were taken back by her reaction…and said we weren’t sure of the total but that we planned on having several drinks and probably dessert. Then she snapped back “drinks don’t count toward the 50 dollars” We just said it would be fine. She walks away…and then comes back a few minutes later (still without bringing our drinks) and says that we didn’t order enough. lol…so now my girlfriend had to add chicken to her pasta dish. We could not get over the way they reacted to this gift certificate. The food came and luckily it was very good. We got an artichoke appetizer that was very good. For dinner I got a chicken breast wrapped in prosciuto and spinach with a brown sauce. There was another awkward moment when it came time to order dessert cause we weren’t sure if we were going to get scolded again if we didn’t order enough. I just don’t understand why restaurants participate with these offers but then make you feel bad about using them.

Not a good reason, but a reason...

I think waitstaff get ~cranky~ when presented w/ a g/c is because they think they are not going to get tipped on the whole amount. :glare: Like I said, it's not a good reason...

And I agree, you should've talked to mgmt. Seems they may have a problem. Well, anyway, at least the food was good, huh?

Was it an actual gift certificate or a certificate the restaurant bought into, like one of those coupon books. Sounds like a coupon book deal to me. An actual gift certificate is simply applied to the bill and deducted and goes towards every single thing ordered, drinks included.

Back
Top Bottom