What are your traditional holiday meals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I know any students who are staying in town for Christmas I have them over for eats.
That's it.

I had forgotten about when I was living in Tacoma. My neighbor and I each had one kid. We lived only minutes from Fort Lewis. So I called the base and asked them about inviting two boys who couldn't make it home for home for Christmas. Then sent me two 19 y.o. My girlfriend and I combined forces and made a dinner to feed all of Fort Lewis. One of the soldiers had called a few days before to confirm that the two of them were very happy to come. I asked if their families had any special foods or traditions. He gave me his and called later to tell me what the other always had with him mom doing the cooking.

So when they sat down to eat they had their favorite foods and we included a tradition from each of them. When they left one of them gave me such a hug, he almost crushed me. They really had a great day. They sat down of the floor and played with the two boys and all their toys they had gotten for Christmas. As they went out the door we handed them each a wrapped present. It was a toy for them to play with. I heard from one of them (the one that almost crushed me) about six months later. He was in Korea and spent hours playing with that toy. That is one Christmas and one soldier I will never forget. Thanks for the reminder PF. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom