Easy Fruit Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
What you need:
I box yellow cake mix
butter
canned fruit any kind

what to do:
Dump fruit in cooking pan, then evenly
pour dry cake mix
top with drizzles of butter
bake at 350 degrees still light brown and bubbly
goes well with ice cream or whipped cream also
great compliment to a cup of joe...
ENJOY:chef:

Hi Kimbaby sounds easy and delicious. My kids love cobblers too. Here is an easy one that I just made up with what I had in the pantry and luckily it came out really good.

Apple cobbler.

Used golden delicious apples because that's all I had (approx 6 medium ones). I peeled them and sliced them thin
Used 1/2 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
Used approximately 3 tbsp of white sugar
Used 1 cup of granola cereal (it had raisins, cinnamon and almonds in it)
6 tbsp of butter
3 tbsp of more flour
1/4 cup of brown sugar

I dumped sliced apples in a bowl and tossed them with the white sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 tbsp of flour and stirred to combine.

I placed them in a baking dish. I then mixed the butter (cold) with the sugar, flour and granola with a fork. I then evenly spread that mixture on top of the apple mixture. I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes or so (I have a convection oven) so in a regular more like 40 minutes and then cooled it a little bit and served. It was almost gone that very same night. I thought it was a good way to clean out the pantry and little left over ingredients.

Hey you two,
nice ideas..Will have to try both.. I'm sure dh and the kids will be grateful.

Thanks Kim and Yakuta..

kadesma:)

Kimbaby, I have made that cobbler - it is so delicous - one of my family's favorites! Yakuta, your's sounds good - copied and pasted! It must be because you are from IL!:-p

An easy topping is to combine 2 or 3 packets of brown sugar/cinnamon or maple/brown sugar instant oatmeal and a couple tablespoons butter and use a fork to mash the butter into the oatmeal to form crumbs. Bake at 325* until fruit of choice is tender. If the topping isn't as brown as you like, raise the oven to 350*. Increase to make the amount of topping you want.

So you just put the dry mix right on top of the fruit? You dont have to mix anything in first?

How much butter should you drizzle on... should the mix be saturated or will there be some parts that should be left dry?

Sorry for so many questions... this sounds interesting and I'd like to give it a try!

grumblebee said:
So you just put the dry mix right on top of the fruit? You dont have to mix anything in first?

How much butter should you drizzle on... should the mix be saturated or will there be some parts that should be left dry?

Sorry for so many questions... this sounds interesting and I'd like to give it a try!

put dry mix right on top,some areas should be left dry,make sure butter is not melted when you put it on :) (like rows of butter)

kimbaby said:
put dry mix right on top,some areas should be left dry,make sure butter is not melted when you put it on :) (like rows of butter)

Oh, okay... thanks! Your original recipe says "top with drizzles of butter" so I thought it had to be melted first.

Anyway, I'm going to give this a try this afternoon. I'll probably use both peaches and pears. Mmm.. should be nice.

[
quote=Yakuta]
Apple cobbler.

Used golden delicious apples because that's all I had (approx 6 medium ones). I peeled them and sliced them thin
Used 1/2 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
Used approximately 3 tbsp of white sugar
Used 1 cup of granola cereal (it had raisins, cinnamon and almonds in it)
6 tbsp of butter
3 tbsp of more flour
1/4 cup of brown sugar

Ummm, I hope you cut around the bite marks!!:LOL:

Hey Texasgirl yeah with kids you never know right:rolleyes:

But all I was trying to say is that a lot of recipes stress a particular kind of apple (Braeburn, Jonathan, Granny etc.) I for one use what I have. I am sure it would be good with even mixed apples. The beauty of a cobbler is that hard or soft it all gels together and with that crispy topping goes down easily :)

kimbaby said:
What you need:
I box yellow cake mix
butter
canned fruit any kind

what to do:
Dump fruit in cooking pan, then evenly
pour dry cake mix
top with drizzles of butter
bake at 350 degrees still light brown and bubbly
goes well with ice cream or whipped cream also
great compliment to a cup of joe...
ENJOY:chef:
Can you give be an idea of how much butter you used - Thanks

yes, I generaly use a stick and a half I slice it and put it in rows that way when it melts, it cooks the top of the "dry" ingredients :)

kimbaby said:
yes, I generaly use a stick and a half I slice it and put it in rows that way when it melts, it cooks the top of the "dry" ingredients :)
Thanks , I wanted to try this-- but was thrown by "the drizzling of butter over the top" ! :)

My recipe calls for the same ingredients but assembled differently. I melt 1 stick of butter or margarine in a 9 x 13 pan then add 2-16 oz. canned peaches with the juice. On top of that I add a white or yellow cake mix. On top of that I add 1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar and cinnamon and bake at 350 for one hour. The butter and juices from the bottom bubles up through the cake mix. I am sure the end result is the same - yummy!

Back
Top Bottom