Quick cookie pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
This is so easy you could hardly call it a recipe. Great for unexpected guest or lazy sunday dinners. This is noy a low cal pudding so stay far away if you're on a diet :LOL:

2 pkts of Ginger Nut biscuits or Romany creams (any chunky cookie will do, nothing with a fine texture)
500 ml of cream
500ml of milk

Roughly crush biscuits and place evenly in a buttered oven dish. Pour over the cream and milk mixed. Allow to stand for a few mins (15 mins or so )
Bake for 40 mins at 356 F or until set and all the liquid is absorbed.
Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream.

Last edited:
How much liquid would you say you pour over the crushed cookies? Just enough to cover?
I think I'm going to try to make some single serving sizes of this.

How much liquid would you say you pour over the crushed cookies? Just enough to cover?
I think I'm going to try to make some single serving sizes of this.

Just enough to cover would be perfect Pac :) Just don't crush them finely, just roughly with your hands.

Sounds like Americans can use any rough cookie. Even the Oreo cookies with chocolate creme inside. Sounds like a good quickie to me. :angel:

Sounds like Americans can use any rough cookie. Even the Oreo cookies with chocolate creme inside. Sounds like a good quickie to me. :angel:

Any rough textured cookie yes :) We get Oreos here too, think the cookie itself may be too fine, they kinda melt in the mouth. Might go mushy.
Ginger nuts, chocolate coconut cookies like romany creams, oat cookies, Nutty cookies or pretty much any cookie with texture to it :)

Snip 13 said:
Any rough textured cookie yes :) We get Oreos here too, think the cookie itself may be too fine, they kinda melt in the mouth. Might go mushy.
Ginger nuts, chocolate coconut cookies like romany creams, oat cookies, Nutty cookies or pretty much any cookie with texture to it :)

I understand. Thanks Snip. ;)

We have Oreo ice cream. And those cookies stand up to the wetness of the ice cream pretty good. They are almost undestructable. Even dunking one in a cup of milk, and they keep their hardness. :angel:

We have Oreo ice cream. And those cookies stand up to the wetness of the ice cream pretty good. They are almost undestructable. Even dunking one in a cup of milk, and they keep their hardness. :angel:

We've got oreo ice cream too and milkshake but you can try it. If it's chocolate mush you didn't get the recipe here :LOL:
The rougher cookies just seems to bind with and soak up the cream well, it comes out like a baked pudding. I've made it once with caramel nutticrust cookies and it tasted like sticky toffee pudding :yum:
Woolworths make really good apple pie cookies, was thinking of trying that next with a few canned pie apples. Think that might be good too :angel:

P.S Only on DC can you have a conversation about the texture of cookies for days on end :ROFLMAO:
Or how to boil an egg!! :cool: Gotta love it!

Last edited:
I'm not much of a cookie eater, but these looked like they would do alright in this recipe.
We shall see... they taste pretty good by their lonesome :yum:

Attachments

• cookies.jpg
    cookies.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 409
I may try this soon Snip, and I will go with your way of making it. I can see where the cookie used could make a big difference. I would bet that you are right about this. :)

pacanis said:
I'm not much of a cookie eater, but these looked like they would do alright in this recipe.
We shall see... they taste pretty good by their lonesome :yum:

Those cookies look great!

Back
Top Bottom