"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17
Unhappy How to reduce FRECKLES in natural ways? Advice needed.

Hi all,
Some of my friends and I are having serious FRECKLES problem.
We would like to reduce the color and even the numbers of FRECKLES that on our face through a more natural healthy ways.
We are told to take sunflower seed as snack daily, since it has rich linoleic acid that helps in get rid of FRECKLES. Trying now but not sure how effective it is.

Any more good advice? We want to try other method or healthy diet ingredients in parallel.

__________________

__________________
Elaine.T Loves Cooking on Chinese Herbal Recipes.
Elaine.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
Senior Cook
 
mexican mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 422
Here is a site that offers home remedies..
Home Remedies for Freckles
__________________

__________________
Mexican Food
mexican mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
Sous Chef
 
Silversage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 863
This begs the question -- WHY?
__________________
Silversage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Selkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,796
I don't want to reduce my freckles... he's already small enough as it is!!!

Of course, my "Freckles" is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel!
__________________
"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Head Chef
 
sarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,161
Freckles are mostly caused due to prolonged exposure to sunlight or genes.Always use a good sunblock during daytime,even when u dont go out.

Applying yogurt on face daily and leaving it on for half an hour is good,wash away with lukewarm water.
Also equal amounts of lemon juice,rose water,glycerine is really good.make a sloution of the three and keep in a bottle or a jar in the fridge,apply it before going to bed.Gently massage it into ur skin.Wash ur face in the morning.
Mix equal amounts of almond oil and honey and apply it on your face for half an hour,twice a week.
A very good remedy is,organic unboiled milk.If you can get hold of it,dip soft cotton in the milk and gently rub it in your face,leave it on for an hour.Do it everyday,it will surely make a difference.
__________________
Don't let love interfere with your appetite. It never does with mine.
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA,Florida
Posts: 3,834
I've heard lemon juice applied to the spots help. If only mine were freckles - mine are becoming age spots. I'm beginning to see my mother when I look in the mirror.
__________________
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
Head Chef
 
sarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
I've heard lemon juice applied to the spots help. If only mine were freckles - mine are becoming age spots. I'm beginning to see my mother when I look in the mirror.
i dread age spots.Tell me when do they start to appear.I'm 30 and dont have them yet.Is EVERYONE supposed to get them?i'm hoping maybe i wont.
__________________
Don't let love interfere with your appetite. It never does with mine.
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #8
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA,Florida
Posts: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
i dread age spots.Tell me when do they start to appear.I'm 30 and dont have them yet.Is EVERYONE supposed to get them?i'm hoping maybe i wont.

I don't remember when they started - I just looked at my hands one day and voila! there they were.
__________________
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17
Thanks Mexican Mama a lot for the link. :) Really great information! Enough to get me and my gang going for the trials.
__________________
Elaine.T Loves Cooking on Chinese Herbal Recipes.
Elaine.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #10
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Freckles are mostly caused due to prolonged exposure to sunlight or genes.Always use a good sunblock during daytime,even when u dont go out.

Applying yogurt on face daily and leaving it on for half an hour is good,wash away with lukewarm water.
Also equal amounts of lemon juice,rose water,glycerine is really good.make a sloution of the three and keep in a bottle or a jar in the fridge,apply it before going to bed.Gently massage it into ur skin.Wash ur face in the morning.
Mix equal amounts of almond oil and honey and apply it on your face for half an hour,twice a week.
A very good remedy is,organic unboiled milk.If you can get hold of it,dip soft cotton in the milk and gently rub it in your face,leave it on for an hour.Do it everyday,it will surely make a difference.
Agree on the sunlight, since I am kind of getting more exposure to sun light recently due to golf session.
Thanks for some many simple tips. Will try them all. Great!
__________________

__________________
Elaine.T Loves Cooking on Chinese Herbal Recipes.
Elaine.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.