"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Thank you for your nice comments everyone. It's so good when you can see your weight come off!!!

No perfume yet Jkath, my jeans and top in pic number two were my treat this month!!! Next month, Jo Malone, here we come.

Heat, to answer your question, I have been doing loads of exercise, swimming a couple of times a week as well as the gym. My instructor at the gym said to concentrate on cardio and on hamstring and glutes, and your inner thighs will benefit from the overall fat reduction - spot exercising don't work. There are machines for the inner thighs, but I don't use them much, coz I feel like I am at the gynaecologist!!! And they have a mirror in front, erk!!!!

The exercise is the biggest change in my life, it has been a lifestyle change rather than a diet. And one I need to stick to now for the rest of my life!

Old 06-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

Kyles you look amazing!!! Way to go. You should be so proud of yourself. You are doing a great job. Keep up the great work!

Old 06-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Heat
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info Kyles and Jkath. But Jkath im a little on the shy side to talk about weight. But i have been reading the posts. I'm really thinking of doing Tae Bo for cardio, and my excercise bike and stretches ofcouse. But whatever your doing Kyles keep it up its working great!!
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:20 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Kyles

You look fantastic! Im betting by your last picture you only need to lose 30-40 more pounds as you know a picture adds 10 pounds also as you exercise you gain some weight in muscle as muscle weighs more than fat and thats a good thing.I like to judge my weight by how my clothes fit. Honestly I think your more than half way there.
Keep up the good work.JP
PS. Im envious of your weight loss.Wish I could apply myself as good as you have.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Way to Go!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
kyles that is so awesome !! i'm so proud of you !! keep up the great work you're looking fantastic !!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:59 AM   #17
Master Chef

kyles! you look GREAT! good for you!
i'm Blessed in that i'm naturally very thin, but i read up on this forum just to see how you're doing.
obviously, you're doing really well!
keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:34 AM   #18
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Thanks everyone, you know Heat, I was so shy I didn't even know how much I weighed, seriously not been near a scale for four years. And I never thought I would be able to go on the internet and tell everyone how much I weighed!!! Ever!!! Making that first step really helped me.

And JP, because I am doing this to avoid type 2 diabetes, I'll keep going until my body fat percentage is at the right level, so you're right, in pounds I might not get to "goal" It's just a lot easier to talk in pounds, as it makes more sense than percentages!!! My body fat is going at about 3 - 5% per eight weeks, and my personal trainer expected it to go at 0.5% - 1%, so the old fashioned diet and exercise thing is working well!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:44 AM   #19
Master Chef

i could just give you a big 'ol hug, you know that, ky?
i'm just soooooo proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #20
Head Chef

Kyles, you're beautiful in both pictures! But you're absolutely radiant in the 2nd.

Congratulations!! I know what a long, hard battle it can be. Keep up the fabulous work.

*hugs*
Z