"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 02-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Thanks PDS and Sierra, your encouragement helped alot. I exercised today on the glider machine, did some weights, crunches, and then walked outside for half an hour. My goal last week was to exercise four times per week, but I ony did three days. Maybe I'll do it this week. I'll probably get on the exercise bike tonight.
I'm really starting to like my bike. I've only done 46 miles so far but, like I told Paul a minute ago... that's 46 more miles than I've done in the past. I have it placed where I can see and hear the tv perfectly and ride while I'm watching my favorite day time shows. I'd like to get a treadmill too one of these days ... but, I have to wait until "my ship" comes in. :D !

I think it's GREAT Amber that you did so much. Everyone has to start somewhere. One step at a time to a healthier YOU!!

I'm really proud of all of us for making the effort. We're doing GOOD!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:05 PM   #52
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream
I have allways wondered about this:

Why do people buy, and use expensive exercise items like a treadmill, or an exercise bicycle?
It's not so bad. Some days I want to take my treadmill and back over it with a dump truck though. I just turn up the tunes and that helps.

Old 02-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #53
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream
I have allways wondered about this:

Why do people buy, and use expensive exercise items like a treadmill, or an exercise bicycle?

Surely, all you need is a halfway decent pair of trainers, a tracksuit or running shorts, and you can get our in the open air and do it. Even WITH snow on the ground. Or a bicycle.

And I am sure that there are plenty of places in the USA where simply going out on the street is NOT an invitation to robbery or rape.

What is the answer please (from those that have them).
I use the treadmill that we have in the gym at work. I also do exercise outside, but somedays just are not conducive to being outside without freezing your butt off or getting buried in a snowstorm. Plus right now all the streets are choked with snow and it is suicide to walk on the street with the traffic and ice. We have a very safe community and I exercise alot outside in the good weather months.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #54
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Thanks PDS and Sierra, your encouragement helped alot. I exercised today on the glider machine, did some weights, crunches, and then walked outside for half an hour. My goal last week was to exercise four times per week, but I ony did three days. Maybe I'll do it this week. I'll probably get on the exercise bike tonight.
I'm really starting to like my bike. I've only done 46 miles so far but, like I told Paul a minute ago... that's 46 more miles than I've done in the past. I have it placed where I can see and hear the tv perfectly and ride while I'm watching my favorite day time shows. I'd like to get a treadmill too one of these days ... but, I have to wait until "my ship" comes in. :D !

I think it's GREAT Amber that you did so much. Everyone has to start somewhere. One step at a time to a healthier YOU!!

I'm really proud of all of us for making the effort. We're doing GOOD!
Thats what I do too PDS, I have my exercise equipment situated so I can see the tv or just listen to music, it helps! Time goes by fast when your watching tv and not concentrating on the exercise.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 AM   #55
Master Chef

I am so proud of everyone. You all are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work and you will see the results that you want.

Your friend, SC

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote