"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #1011
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sounds like your body is making an adjustment to your diet. Something that happens every few months as the pounds come off.
I did not realize that was the reason, I figured I had a touch of the flu. Thanks for the tip! It feels like I am starting to come out of it tonight.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #1012
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I did not realize that was the reason, I figured I had a touch of the flu. Thanks for the tip! It feels like I am starting to come out of it tonight.
You will also hit a plateau. Your body will be making changes. Your waist will all of a sudden appear, your bra will become too big and have to go over to another hook, your hips will start to fall off and you will have renewed energy. But you won't lose any pounds during this time. Don't get discouraged. In a couple of weeks, the pounds will start to come off again. Just keep sticking to your diet. You are do so good.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #1013
Certified Cake Maniac

SB, I can relate to everything Addie said. When I lost weight a few years ago that was exactly what happened. I would have times where I couldn't eat a thing and was extremely active. Then there would be times of lethargy and I was eating amounts that were within my diet but I was figuring I was eating way too much as I wasn't losing anything. Then my body would "reshape". It was just my body and brain getting used to everything.

I had a rough spot yesterday. I had some fruit (yes, an orange and some berries) and I become so emotionally unstable I was yelling at everyone and everything in sight. Because mood swings have been something that has haunted me all my life I got scared and wanted to just quite this whole diet thing. But TB helped me through and I woke up this morning feeling less full of fluid and with a clear head. So I am ready to carry it through another day.

I guess we all hit plateaus and lows and it is good we have this thread to come to and keep each other strong.

SB, keep up the good work - you are doing so well!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #1014
Chef Extraordinaire

Getting ready to go to the pool this morning. Starting to feel better this morning. Thanks to everyone for all the positive support it's great to wake up & starting reading all the positive feedback on DC, what a great way to start the day!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #1015
Assistant Cook

just stay away from carbs, excercise as much as you can handle, and eat more protein. The best way to loose weight is to gain muscle.

Take a few days each week and go swimming. Treading water is very low impact and uses almost all your muscles.

Be especially wary of carbs because whenever you eat simpler carbs such as potatoes/bread your body starts converting them immediately to fat by releasing a specific enzyme.

IMO you are beter off skipping simple carbs and eating small amounts of fat/sugar if you must to keep up your energy levels. (Keeping within your calorie count of course) Eat lots of salads......stock up on Beano ^^
Old 12-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #1016
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndzro View Post
just stay away from carbs, excercise as much as you can handle, and eat more protein. The best way to loose weight is to gain muscle.

Take a few days each week and go swimming. Treading water is very low impact and uses almost all your muscles.

Be especially wary of carbs because whenever you eat simpler carbs such as potatoes/bread your body starts converting them immediately to fat by releasing a specific enzyme.

IMO you are beter off skipping simple carbs and eating small amounts of fat/sugar if you must to keep up your energy levels. (Keeping within your calorie count of course) Eat lots of salads......stock up on Beano ^^
Great advice, thank you! I try to eat a well balanced diet but I do have a difficult time getting my protein intake in everyday. I am not a huge fan of meat. I have tried several different protein drinks & shakes from homememade ones to boughten & I just cannot tolerate the taste. Egg whites help as well as beans, milk & cottage cheese. I appreciate your input.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #1017
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Great advice, thank you! I try to eat a well balanced diet but I do have a difficult time getting my protein intake in everyday. I am not a huge fan of meat. I have tried several different protein drinks & shakes from homememade ones to boughten & I just cannot tolerate the taste. Egg whites help as well as beans, milk & cottage cheese. I appreciate your input.
Check the recipe I recently posted. HQ protein, tastes great, very inexpensive, pretty healthy.

The Muscle milk Naturals strawberry flavor tastes very good, flavored with Stevia.
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...3#.UNFf7SAbbgE
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #1018
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I still think a balanced diet with good portion control and exercise is what works the best, making sure you are getting the nutrition you need without depriving yourself. So far you are doing an excellent job, SB and losing weight at the correct rate. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #1019
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I haven't had much of an appetite lately except when it comes to sugar lol, I'm always ready for sugar!

I've lost 2 pounds over the last week, which is good, I've been stuck at the same number for a couple months. I may hunker down at the beginning of the year to lose more!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #1020
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I still think a balanced diet with good portion control and exercise is what works the best, making sure you are getting the nutrition you need without depriving yourself. So far you are doing an excellent job, SB and losing weight at the correct rate. Keep up the good work!
I totally agree with the Princess, SB! You are doing awesome. There will be peaks and valleys but on the whole sensibility in diet, exercise and attitude are what it takes and you have it.

I didn't lose any more on my Monday weigh-in but I am not discouraged. I didn't gain either. I know that I now need to add more exercise to the equation and that will come. I have to do it slowly because of all my conditions but I am positive I can. I saw a new exercise machine that I may want to look at for when I can't get to the pool but it will be an after Christmas purchase!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote