"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #1191
Certified Cake Maniac

It's funny because when they weigh Joie at the vet's office and say he lost a kilo, I say "no he lost 2.2 pounds - it sounds better than one kilo!"

Odette, I really enjoyed our little pact we made yesterday about our "health diets". You inspired me and I was a good girl today.

Only problem is I am still really down and in pain - not to do with the diet, but very little sleep last night thanks to Joie being sick again and then having to drive and take transit to go to my breathing test today (which I did really well - he said I have lost weight since six months ago and my breathing, pre-inhalers was better than post-inhalers then). I am going to take some time to myself and try and get rested. I may have to go see about my pain as well but hopefully sleep with solve it.

So ,Miss Snip, just take one day or even one meal or snack at a time and you will feel better soon. You can PM me if you need to "talk".

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #1192
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
It's funny because when they weigh Joie at the vet's office and say he lost a kilo, I say "no he lost 2.2 pounds - it sounds better than one kilo!"

Odette, I really enjoyed our little pact we made yesterday about our "health diets". You inspired me and I was a good girl today.

Only problem is I am still really down and in pain - not to do with the diet, but very little sleep last night thanks to Joie being sick again and then having to drive and take transit to go to my breathing test today (which I did really well - he said I have lost weight since six months ago and my breathing, pre-inhalers was better than post-inhalers then). I am going to take some time to myself and try and get rested. I may have to go see about my pain as well but hopefully sleep with solve it.

So ,Miss Snip, just take one day or even one meal or snack at a time and you will feel better soon. You can PM me if you need to "talk".
I've been good too Thank you for inspiring me! It does take time to feel better after misbehaving with diet etc. for so long.
I promise I'll be patient and take things easy and you must do the same! We can do this!
Think I'll go PM the rest of what I want to say

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #1193
Senior Cook

OMGosh! I gained 4 pounds this winter! Not from overheating but because I cut down on my running drastically due to weather. Better get my but on the treadmill before Spring training season. My first race is April 27. Hope to be down 6 pounds by then.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #1194
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebLynn View Post
OMGosh! I gained 4 pounds this winter! Not from overheating but because I cut down on my running drastically due to weather. Better get my but on the treadmill before Spring training season. My first race is April 27. Hope to be down 6 pounds by then.
Where are you running?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #1195
Certified Cake Maniac

Major Breakthrough!!!!

I finally have gotten past the biggest hurdle in my allergy diet. My body is telling me what to and what NOT to eat! I went off dairy because it was affecting my kidney problems and that was just too much for me to handle because my yogurt is such a big part of the candida "killing" treatment. I have it morning and night.

So what happened was I was eating everything I shouldn't - chocolate, ice cream (yes, dairy), hot dogs, and so on trying to find what I needed. I am back on the yogurt and I had ONE raisin (TB's Mom brings them fresh from California and they are delicious) and I felt instantly yucky. I had my yogurt and I could feel the goodness it was doing.

Yes!!! This, the fact I am getting better sleeps and the wet weather has subsided at least for now, and my pain, emotions and outlook are getting back on track.

Snip, thanks for the encouragement (will PM you soon)

Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #1196
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Where are you running?
My first race of the season is along the CT shore in a town called Stratford. Benefits an animal shelter.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #1197
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been missing the pool terribly. I have been using my elliptical at home, weight is still staying about the same. Mom is still in hospital, but now in rehab, maybe only another week. Dh & the daughter said they would go have a long lunch with her tomorrow. I am so looking forward to the pool.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #1198
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Major Breakthrough!!!!

I finally have gotten past the biggest hurdle in my allergy diet. My body is telling me what to and what NOT to eat! I went off dairy because it was affecting my kidney problems and that was just too much for me to handle because my yogurt is such a big part of the candida "killing" treatment. I have it morning and night.

So what happened was I was eating everything I shouldn't - chocolate, ice cream (yes, dairy), hot dogs, and so on trying to find what I needed. I am back on the yogurt and I had ONE raisin (TB's Mom brings them fresh from California and they are delicious) and I felt instantly yucky. I had my yogurt and I could feel the goodness it was doing.

Yes!!! This, the fact I am getting better sleeps and the wet weather has subsided at least for now, and my pain, emotions and outlook are getting back on track.

Snip, thanks for the encouragement (will PM you soon)
So glad it's finally paying off for you

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #1199
Chef Extraordinaire

A friend of mine called me yesterday. She's been trying to lose 35 lb for ages. Back in November, she asked me how I "shrunk." So I told her. She was doubtful she could give up sugar, but started drinking water with lemon juice/vinegar 15 minutes before eating and throughout the day. She also did the "switch up" (eating her big meal in the morning, with veggies, the grains were hard for her, but she finally was able to add those in in January). She's lost 15 lb without doing ANYTHING else. She's so thrilled and, she isn't craving sugar or hungry between meals. We've known each other for 30 years. She has always been trying to lose 25-35 lb. Sometimes has lost it, but has gained it back. She said that eating this way has been an epiphany for her. It isn't just me--eating a breakfast that includes veggies, proteins, and a bit of carbs WORKS (or maybe it is the water with lemon/vinegar). I'm so happy for her. Oh, and her blood pressure has gone down so that it is at the high-end of normal. No, she hasn't added exercise, but she has lost weight and feels better.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #1200
Certified Cake Maniac

Congrats to your friend (and to you)! That is an inspiring story.

I was actually just thinking about this thread. Thanks (sarcastically) to the fact I have been having a major pain flare, I have (enthusiastically) re-lost my weight and am back to 200 pounds where I was at Christmas.

We are at a cross-roads. It seems that the anti-candida diet is helping many things but is playing havoc with my sugar levels, moods and the biggest... my pain levels. To a point it helps all of these, but the diet (along with my other food allergies) so limits what I can eat that I am not getting the nutrition I need and am living on a whole pile of supplements. I take enough medication already thanks to my pain and other conditions and while the prescriptions are paid for, the supplements are not.

So, I am trying to find the close-to-perfect balance of food, exercise, rest and medication to manage my weight, pain levels and general health. I have been having a lot of problems sleeping lately so if I can get that under control I think it will help everything else!

I am encouraged by all of your stories.

CWS, I HAVE to stay away from all forms of sugar so to hear of two people who can do it to lose weight is very positive!