Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just been browsing the American Slimming World site to have a look to see how it differs from SW over here. It says that September 18th (that's still today where I am at 9.10 this evening) is National Cheeseburger Day in America. And you think we're weird ;)

Is there really a National Cheeseburger Day or is it just an invention of Slimming World? And what about the poor burgers that don't have cheese? This is discrimination.

Last edited:
It's one of those "holidays" sponsored by marketers and declared by Congress for no good reason. I'd bet most people don't know about it and don't care.

I didn't know about it. I never paid attention to any holiday that didn't give me a day off work. Never heard of slimming world either. Think I will take a look.

Yeah! If this toothless old granny can do it, anyone and especially you can do it.:LOL:

Ya hear that SB? Get a moveon! You can do it.

I thought I was the only toothless one until I discovered I have four wisdom teeth coming in. Seventy-four and I am still cutting teeth. :angel:

I hope to be able to! It gets frustrating at times. I have been in the gym or pool everyday this week & only 1 lb. down. I decided to take today (Friday) off. I do feel better but that scale isn't moving very fast.

I hope to be able to! It gets frustrating at times. I have been in the gym or pool everyday this week & only 1 lb. down. I decided to take today (Friday) off. I do feel better but that scale isn't moving very fast.

SB, you seem to be on sort of a plateau. They have found that when this happens, if you change your diet around, stop some foods, add new ones, you can get back to losing more, faster. It might be worth looking into. :angel:

SB, you seem to be on sort of a plateau. They have found that when this happens, if you change your diet around, stop some foods, add new ones, you can get back to losing more, faster. It might be worth looking into. :angel:
O.k I will try it...Thanks for the tip Addie! May try some more intense interval training at the gym too.:angel::angel:

How am I supposed to be on the diet if my MIL keeps sending us presents like this?

ForumRunner_20130921_220350.jpg

Hm, it is kind of hard to see but it is a huge plater of assorted chocolates with a chocolate horn in the middle full of candy. A second one in as many as two weeks. I have no will power, dieting has been postponed.

How am I supposed to be on the diet if my MIL keeps sending us presents like this?

View attachment 18674

It's not just you who needs diet education, but all those well-meaning people around you need help, too. Gentle teaching of what you can eat and stick to your diet. Remind them, in the long run, you get to spend more time with them.

Hm, it is kind of hard to see but it is a huge plater of assorted chocolates with a chocolate horn in the middle full of candy. A second one in as many as two weeks. I have no will power, dieting has been postponed.

Charlie, when I get something like that, I bring it to the teacher's lounge, and it's gone in a few hours. Do you have a lounge at work where you can get rid of it?

Of course I could do that, but, and do not take this in the wrong way, but it is a couple hundred dollars gift basket. I just do not think it would be appropriate to give something like this away.

Is this a traditional holiday gift for you, Charlie? Small bites, if so...make it last as long as you can. Make it a challenge!

Back
Top Bottom