Has anyone tried the new 7up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I just saw the ad today - 7up has taken out all the chemicals, and apparently has only 5 ingreds. I want to try it! Have you?

The main ingredient is still "high fructose corn syrup." As far as I know, carbonated water and high fructose corn syrup do not occur in "nature." :-p

Still though, I suppose its good if they removed preservatives and such.

grumblebee said:
The main ingredient is still "high fructose corn syrup." As far as I know, carbonated water and high fructose corn syrup do not occur in "nature."

Still though, I suppose its good if they removed preservatives and such.

Have you ever had a Perrier? It's carbonated and it's all natural. :-p

Then again, they mine asbestos. It's natural. Doesn't mean it's good for you. :-p

Last edited:
I'd try the new 7up if I see it. I haven't seen it here yet though. We tried the new Dr. Pepper, berries and cream. It was good but not as good as I expected it to be. Still had a heavy Dr. Pepper taste to it. I did like it though and would buy it again.

I wonder how much they could do to the beverage without sacrificing taste... does anyone have any idea how the nutritional information compares to the standard 7up?

jkath said:
I just saw the ad today - 7up has taken out all the chemicals, and apparently has only 5 ingreds. I want to try it! Have you?

Does this mean it is now 5Up?:LOL:

desertland said:
I wonder how much they could do to the beverage without sacrificing taste... does anyone have any idea how the nutritional information compares to the standard 7up?

It's still 100 calories per cup. There was no reduction in calories at all with the change, but that is not surprising considering they only took out a few flavourings and preservatives (which dont contain much in the way of nutrition).

Back
Top Bottom