ISO: Lemonade recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 part sugar
1 part lemon juice
5 parts water

Heat the sugar in a little of the water to dissolve. Add the juice and the rest of the water. After the first time you make this, you can adjust the juice or sugar for tartness.

:) Barbara

for 5 gallons - (Trust me, it doesn't last...)

3 lbs sugar (or less if you want it more tart)
1 big bottle Lemon juice
1 1L bottle 100 proof Vodka
water to 5 gallons

Carbonate and serve - Puts Mike's and all the other to shame......

(I use an old pepsi keg to hold/carbonate/serve it)

John

Woohoo! John that is one awesome looking recipe. THANKS! I will make this for our next bash.

ronjohn, could you tell me what carbonating involves? :? Otherwise,
sounds easy. 8)

OOPS! It didn't take us long to take that in a different direction...I missed
the post about your turning 13, miguzigoldfish. Thanks for the heads up Barbara!

Gemini said:
ronjohn, could you tell me what carbonating involves? :? Otherwise,
sounds easy. 8)

Just adding CO2 so it's nice and Fizzy. I use an old soda keg, and I have a CO2 tank and regulator - so I can put it on tap, just like a bar would.

I would think another option would be to use club soda or the like, and mix it in the galss.

John

ronjohn55 said:

1 big bottle Lemon juice
water to 5 gallons

John

I like that. Woweeeeeeeeee :!:

Barbara L said:
1 part sugar
1 part lemon juice
5 parts water

Heat the sugar in a little of the water to dissolve. Add the juice and the rest of the water. After the first time you make this, you can adjust the juice or sugar for tartness.

Barb, do you have to use fresh lemons...or do you think you could use the bottled juice concentrate?
12_4_63.gif

Jovin said:
Barbara L said:
1 part sugar
1 part lemon juice
5 parts water

Barb, do you have to use fresh lemons...or do you think you could use the bottled juice concentrate?
12_4_63.gif
I'm supposed to drink 2 quarts of lemonade a day (doctor's orders--kidney stones), and I can't afford fresh lemons all the time, so I use bottled. It works fine. In fact, I have found that the cheap dollar store stuff is just as good.

So, I guess it's just diluted as per instructions on the bottle? I don't have any right now, but when you give the quantity of lemon juice, I'm assuming that this is fresh lemon juice, right?

Jovin said:
So, I guess it's just diluted as per instructions on the bottle? I don't have any right now, but when you give the quantity of lemon juice, I'm assuming that this is fresh lemon juice, right?
If you are talking about ReaLemon, and such, you measure it just like fresh lemon juice.

ronjohn55 said:

1 big bottle Lemon juice
water to 5 gallons

John

Sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom