Failed pizza dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBlackRed

Assistant Cook
My friends and I failed at making pizza dough and put too much flour in... The pizza dough tasted more like scones. What can the dough be used for besides scones?

With just a little more moisture you can use it for Focaccia bread.

How do I add a little more moisture? And how much? I.e. should it be slightly sticky or more sticky than slightly?

Ideally just working in a little milk or water in a large bowl while dusting it lightly with flour will make it a nice bread dough that's just slightly sticky. It should push back just a little when you dimple it with your finger. Don't worry about the olive oil you've already added to the pizza dough. The loaf will still absorb the milk with just a bit of flour.

pizza recipe

would you like a fail proof pizza dough recipe that yields thin crust rustic pizzas?

In my opinion: There was supposed to be a link, but it's not there because kinhong hasn't posted enough to post links.

In my opinion: There was supposed to be a link, but it's not there because kinhong hasn't posted enough to post links.

actually, there wasn't suppose to be a link. i was checking to see if this thread was still active. here's the recipe from a london, 2-michelin star restaurant for flatbread dough.

1.5 kg flour
140 ml canola oil
140 ml milk
550 ml water
15 g dry yeast
t/t salt/sugar

1. mix all except yeast in large mixing bowl.
2. activate yeast.
3. mix in yeast and mix until dough forms.
4. knead until elastic.
5. rest in an oiled bowl and proof until double in size.
6. knock out dough and divide into 6-8 pieces and roll out into circles and rest for at least 15 min.
7. roll out dough and parbake 6 min on pizza stone.

Back
Top Bottom