What is a substitute for Baking Powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honey12

Assistant Cook
I love making and eating cakes but I am allergic to egg, baking powder and also
baking soda. So can anyone please suggest what should I use in place of baking
powder.

powder.

I don't think that there is an alternative for baking soda, what i know is the baking soda is the softener of the dough so. If there is no baking soda. It won't be soft as the cake or it will never be a cake. Just my idea. :)

It would be challenging to make a cake without using baking soda, baking powder, or eggs. As others have said, chemical leaveners help make products rise. Eggs also provide structure and richness.

With this being said, you might want to look at vegan recipes.

Here's a link to a vegan cinnamon roll which has no eggs or chemical leaveners. It uses yeast to help the dough rise. If instead of rolling the dough up to form cinnamon rolls, you cut them to fit a cake pan, you might be able to make a product that you can actually eat without having to worry about allergic reactions.

Best wishes,

David

Vegan Bicyclinguist – Vegan Cinnamon Rolls

powder.

I'm wondeing if it might be possible you could substitute the baking powder for a small pinch of easy-blend yeast? It would get to work quickly on any sugar content in your cakes, so maybe it's worth a try.

Baking powder, it relies basically on using carbon dioxide to help leaven the cake mixture. So myabe yeast could achieve the same thing, if only less be used and in in satchet form, the very fine powdery stuff?

Back
Top Bottom