Vegan Bridezilla Uninvites Omnivores To Her Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't that ridiculous - demanding that everyone become vegan, to attend their wedding?! I wonder if they'll change their demand when the number that will attend plummets to a very low number.

If I was her parents, I’d hand her the bill for the wedding and tell her to have a good life.

I actually didn’t check the link, but from following your comments, I really feel sorry for the groom.

I hope you mean from her new husband, roadfix... :neutral:

If I were her dad, I'd hold a pig roast the same day in their honor.

These "viral" stories always set off my BS Alarm. I can't help but picture some troll getting giddy watching his viral story getting more and more hits and comments.

So, for now, I gotta' write this one off as clickbait.

CD

These "viral" stories always set off my BS Alarm. I can't help but picture some troll getting giddy watching his viral story getting more and more hits and comments.

So, for now, I gotta' write this one off as clickbait.

CD
You might very well be right.

When I got married ( 100 years ago) we had a vegetarian wedding. By vegetarian, I mean no meat. It wasn't like everyone got a slab of tofu covered by sprouts. The chef was actually excited, because he wasn't stuck making the traditional meat,chicken and fish dishes he had become accustom to weekly. We had a choice of 3 different types of stuffed ravioli ( one was mushroom, another spinach , and I thing the other was traditional cheese) with a choice of several different types of sauces to top it off. A second dish was stuffed eggplants ( Italian style). I cant remember the third choice, as I was too busy getting married. I remember when one of her uncles asked about the menu a few weeks prior to the wedding. When she had told him that it was vegetarian, he made a rude, obnoxious comment to the affect of " You should have printed it was a 'lunch box' wedding. so everyone could have brought their own food so we wouldn't have to eat the vegetarian food". This made my wife very upset, and to avoid myself from being banned from this forum, I won't print what my response to him was, but lets just say it's impossible for him to eat his ' lunch box' from where I told him to shove it ( with some other choice words thrown in there). In addition, I explained how many damn steamed vegetable platters I had to east at very wedding I went to ( this was back in the day when steamed veggies was the only option for a vegetarian at a catered event. I must say things have chanced ( for the better) since then , but back then really sucked being a vegetarian). With that, I followed up with " if the only reason you're coming to the wedding is for the food, then you can stay home ( more choice words thrown in there).

So, where it is the choice of the people who are getting married to throw whatever kind of party they want, and its up to the guests to be respectful of the petiole getting married ( as you wouldn't expect a kosher family to throw a non-Kosher party......), To isolate yourselves from people who love and care about you, let alone the person who raised and supported you your entire life up until that point, well, I think that warrants a beating.

On a side note, after the wedding, a family friend stopped off at a diner to pick up something to eat ( guess he wasn't impressed by the variety of food we had), and sitting last the table next to them were some of the kitchen staff, and he over heard them complaining that they spent all day scooping out and stuffing eggplants lol.

My cousin and his wife had vegetarian food at their reception in 1990 and it was delicious. She's Jewish. It was the first time I'd been to a Jewish wedding and it was great fun - I mean the wedding part, not just the reception. My brother married a Catholic woman a few months earlier so I got to see the stark contrast - Catholic weddings are not known to be fun [emoji38]

As far as I could tell, no one at either wedding complained about the food. It's pretty sad that her friends would attack her family at her wedding. People should be able to put aside differences in order to celebrate the couple.

There was a link to another article in the article that K-Girl posted. It mentions that the bride is 20. IMO, that explains a lot. She needs to do a whole lot of growing up before she can call herself an adult. I thought this article (iGen - Dr. Jean Tweng) about the iGen generation was interesting. Oddly enough, the author refers to iGens as being tolerant. I think the bride was shortchanged on that trait. :ermm:

....My brother married a Catholic woman a few months earlier so I got to see the stark contrast - Catholic weddings are not known to be fun...
OR, your SIL just might not come from a fun family, or at least not have a bunch of fun friends. :LOL: (With apologies to your DH - he's a fun guy and Himself enjoyed meeting him.) As a Catholic, most weddings I've attended have been Catholic. Most of them have been fun. Ours was so much fun we didn't want to leave - but we did. The stories I could tell. Everyone was having such a good time that my FIL paid the band to play for another hour! I bet you would still be talking about what a great time you had if you had been at our party. ;)

There was a link to another article in the article that K-Girl posted. It mentions that the bride is 20. IMO, that explains a lot. She needs to do a whole lot of growing up before she can call herself an adult. I thought this article (iGen - Dr. Jean Tweng) about the iGen generation was interesting. Oddly enough, the author refers to iGens as being tolerant. I think the bride was shortchanged on that trait. :ermm:

OR, your SIL just might not come from a fun family, or at least not have a bunch of fun friends. :LOL: (With apologies to your DH - he's a fun guy and Himself enjoyed meeting him.) As a Catholic, most weddings I've attended have been Catholic. Most of them have been fun. Ours was so much fun we didn't want to leave - but we did. The stories I could tell. Everyone was having such a good time that my FIL paid the band to play for another hour! I bet you would still be talking about what a great time you had if you had been at our party. ;)
Are you talking about the reception? I've been to a catholic wedding and the wedding part wasn't what most people would call fun. The reception/supper after the wedding was great fun.

I've been to A LOT of Catholic weddings (the church part), and I would say it depends on the family and the priest. Only one or two weddings were solemn, strictly pious events. All of the rest were happy, joyful services celebrating the couple's new life together.

Every reception that I have been to was fun.

I guess you need to go to something more than once to understand.

I've been to A LOT of Catholic weddings (the church part), and I would say it depends on the family and the priest...
Amen. :angel: We made the mistake of scheduling our wedding the same day Ohio State played Michigan in 1974. We have NO idea how we made that mistake. When we told what happened, he offered to hide a small TV under the side altar, draping the altar cloth and angling the TV so that only we could see it. :ROFLMAO: Nice offer, but we declined. Our best man is Jewish. He tried to "kneel" without ever touching the kneeler, per Jewish tradition. The priest said "what are you trying to do?" When learning the best man was Jewish, Father said "well just sit down! You look silly trying to do "that"." :LOL:

We had our reception line at the back of the church rather than at the hall so that everyone could get to the hall (and a TV). The first words from one of Himself's college buddies was "State's ahead by 3". He had listened to the entire game while in church, using a transistor radio and an earplug. My Mom thought that "poor Mike" was using a hearing aide...

OR, your SIL just might not come from a fun family, or at least not have a bunch of fun friends. [emoji38] (With apologies to your DH - he's a fun guy and Himself enjoyed meeting him.) As a Catholic, most weddings I've attended have been Catholic. Most of them have been fun. Ours was so much fun we didn't want to leave - but we did. The stories I could tell. Everyone was having such a good time that my FIL paid the band to play for another hour! I bet you would still be talking about what a great time you had if you had been at our party. ;)

The receptions are fun. The wedding ceremonies not so much.

And no, my brother's was not the first or only Catholic wedding I have attended (people should not make assumptions based on a single remark [you know I don't mean you, CG]) and I have been to several Catholic ceremonies for other occasions. The hallmark of Catholicism, as far as I can tell, is to create guilt and lecture everyone on how to behave. I went to Catholic church once with a high school friend and was not pleased to be told by the priest that my younger brother (by seven years) should tell me how to dress appropriately. Seriously?! Nope.

Sorry, CG. That's been my experience, not to mention some of my relatives who were not crazy about the hours-long wedding masses and formerly Catholic friends who got tired of the guilt trip.

Last edited:
I've been to A LOT of Catholic weddings (the church part), and I would say it depends on the family and the priest. Only one or two weddings were solemn, strictly pious events. All of the rest were happy, joyful services celebrating the couple's new life together.

Every reception that I have been to was fun.

I guess you need to go to something more than once to understand.

Full Mass Catholic weddings? :sleep:

My wedding was Lutheran. It lasted 20 minutes. The reception was great -- two kegs and who knows how much wine. Great food, too.

The most interesting wedding I have ever attended was a Greek Orthodox wedding. My wife and I didn't understand any of it, but it was a beautiful ceremony. At the reception, the Priest and his wife sat at our table, and explained it to us.

CD

Back
Top Bottom