I tried this recipe tonight and it was fantastic and easy! I found this recipe in Southern Living Magazine.
Champagne Chicken and Mushrooms
1/2 c all-purpose flour with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper added
6 boneless breasts-skin on (I used 4 skinless boneless)
2 T unsalted butter
2 T olive oil
1/2 cup minced shallots (about 3 medium)
2 (3.5 oz) packages shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups champagne or sparkling wine
2 t fresh thyme
1/2 c whipping cream (oops! I used a whole cup!)
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, let stand 15 minutes, dredge again.
- Melt butter with oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in batches until golden, about 5 min a side - remove.
- Add shallots to skillet, cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in champagne and thyme, bring to boil, stirring to loosen particles on bottom of skillet.
- Reduce heat, return chicken to skillet and cover and simmer 10 min or til done.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter, stir in cream and cook for 5-6 minutes until thickened. (I like real thick sauce so I added a little bit of water and cornstarch).
- Salt and pepper to taste, Serve sauce immediately over chicken.