D.C.-Fried Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roger -- Wilco on the time...I had picked up on that, but thanks...

I went through my "Penzey's Showroom" cabinet...I have all of the necessary ingredients!!

I'm Hungry!

Goodweeds Bull Dog Chicken ---

I used a whole chicken...skin on...did not brine. I followed the recipe to the letter with these exceptions...I used 1 Cup of flour...It took it for a whole chicken. Also I browned for about 3 1/2 minutes per side...In the oven for 40 minutes....

The chicken was perfectly done...moist, tender, juicy. I wanted the crust to be a bit more crispy, but it was ok...The spices work well together with only a slight hint of celery flavor, other than salt, being prominent. I did not find this offensive. I did not cook it on a foil lined pan but rather on a wire rack over a pan...I also turned the chicken 1/2 (20 minutes) through the cooking process...I think this helps with crispness on both sides...

The recipe is well worth repeating, and I recommend it for your table...

Enjoy!!!

That fried chicken looks like it belongs in a food magazine - drool!
You did good Uncle Bob!
Now, seriously, I need your address........

Yep. That's just what it looks like when I pull it from the oven. Your picture is wonderful. We should live next to each other. We could start our own cooking magazine. We could call it Bob & Bob's Gourmet Grub (The Best of the North & South):chef:.

Do you have any suggestions to improve on the recipe? I really liked the mixture, but as I said, it was my first attempt at creating a seasoned flour. The second recipe is equally as good, maybe better, IMHO, but completely different in flavor profile.

And now, it's your turn. Wow us with something great. We are trying to come up with the ultimate fried chicken recipes.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I might try this Bulldog chicken recipe on Saturday. As a Southerner, I am a miserable failure at frying chicken so I need to practice.

Back
Top Bottom