Garlic Chicken Skewers with Chipotle Mayonnaise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I think this one would go perfect on a grill, as well.

Garlic Chicken Skewers with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Serves: 8

For the Chicken:
3 T minced fresh cilantro
1 – 2 t coarsely ground pepper
6 T garlic, minced
¾ t salt
1 # skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½” chunks
For the Chipotle Mayonnaise:
1 canned Chipotle chile
½ c good mayonnaise
Juice of ½ lime (optional)

To make chicken: Heat broiler. Combine cilantro, pepper, garlic and salt in a wide pie plate. Add chicken pieces and coat them all over with the mixture. Skewer the chicken onto bamboo skewers that have been soaked. Place the chicken skewers on a lightly oiled, shallow baking pan and broil about 6” from the heat until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
To make Chipotle mayonnaise: Meanwhile, chop the Chipotle chile fine - it should become a rough paste. Stir it into the mayonnaise. If you want, add the lime juice to the mayonnaise. Serve with chicken pieces.

Allen you're brilliant! I was looking for something new to put on the BBQ tomorrow! This just may be it! Thanks!

I'm thinking that if you get some chicken thighs, skin and bone them, then cut the boneless meat into chunks big enough to skewer, that the resulting meat would be a little juicier than breast meat.

Then again, I just happen to have a thing for dark meat. Maybe use the baste and dipping sauces on chicken legs that have been grilled or broiled?

Back
Top Bottom