"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

plan 1. take half, add the tomato paste, maybe thicken it up a little with some corn starch and then serve it over couscous with a dollop of plain yoghurt on top.

plan 2. take the other half and thicken it a little. Add some diced carrots and a little more salt, put in pie tin - cover with pie crust. Bake and serve as pot pie.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Those are all really good suggestions. I'm just posting to say what a great word de-crappify is! I love. I can see where I would find many uses for it. So thank you Catherine! Maybe it will make Webster's Dictionery someday.
Ok, I'm off now to de-crappify the mess the cat made on the carpet.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
Head Chef

Drain off all the liquid.. Add more peppers and onions, add some hot peppers and ground red pepper, flash fry in a hot skillet and have Fajitas..
Old 07-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #14
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoodleIncident View Post
for super quick and easy, make some ramen noodles (any flavor will prob do, but you could stick with chicken) and throw in some of your chicken mixture....not exactly high brow, but i like to doctor up ramen noodles for an easy lunch and it sounds like what you made might work....you could always add more seasonings if you like
We do this on a regular basis for dinner. We use leftovers from other meals. The kids call it garbage soup (if it don't go in the soup it's going in the garbage).

I throw a couple of dashes of fish sauce and a hand full of roasted peanuts in each bowl to zing it up.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Head Chef

A little heavy cream makes just about everything taste better ( plus salt too)
Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

I would cook some rice and steam some broccoli, when done throw the chicken in with it and add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a little milk. Put in casserole dish and top with cheese.Bake until all bubbly and brown on top. The cream of mushroom soup will add some of the extra salt you need.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
Head Chef

My suggestion given you like curry is make a proper tasting curry and add this to it.

So here is what you need and yes it's quick but you need a few ingredients:

- Finely chopped onion
- Small can of tomato sauce
- Curry powder (more like 2 tbps of it)
- Some freshly chopped garlic and even ginger if you have it
- Cup of plain yogurt
- Some cilantro
- 4 tbsps of oil

Make a basic sauce. Heat the oil, add the onions once the oil is hot. The onions should be almost golden brown (that is why you need all this oil). Next add the ginger, garlic and curry powder and let it all toast for atleast 2-3 minutes in the hot oil and onions. Next add the tomato sauce and yogurt and reduce the heat and cover and let the gravy cook for atleast 20 minutes on the lowest setting.

Last step, Throw in your entire cooked chicken in it. Stir to make sure chicken is coated in the gravy. Throw in some fresh cilantro,

Serve with rice

I value lots of flavor so throwing in a little shake of this or that is not something I would recommend. Fixing a nice gravy is not that hard and you may already have some of this in the house. All the best.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #18
Assistant Cook

Send a message via ICQ to R Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laury View Post
Those are all really good suggestions. I'm just posting to say what a great word de-crappify is! I love. I can see where I would find many uses for it. So thank you Catherine! Maybe it will make Webster's Dictionery someday.
Ok, I'm off now to de-crappify the mess the cat made on the carpet.
I too thank you Catherine for this great word that will forever bring new meaning to our life's. I must leave now and go de-crappify my 2yr old grandson
Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Hill View Post
I too thank you Catherine for this great word that will forever bring new meaning to our life's. I must leave now and go de-crappify my 2yr old grandson

Tags
chicken, crap, curry, disaster, fast