"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Sous Chef

ISO BBQ chicken Casserole Recipe

I want to use shredded chicken and bbq sauce. I was thinking, a layer of taters and carrots, a layer of pork 'n' beans, a layer of shredded chicken all topped with bbq sauce. Surely I'm missing something. How can I make sure the taters don't burn to the bottom of the pan (no dairy please)? And what else can I do to make this good? I'm open to alternatives.

(BTW, I made the "bone-sucking bbq sauce recipe I found in this thread for it and it's awesome!)

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
I want to use shredded chicken and bbq sauce. I was thinking, a layer of taters and carrots, a layer of pork 'n' beans, a layer of shredded chicken all topped with bbq sauce. Surely I'm missing something. How can I make sure the taters don't burn to the bottom of the pan (no dairy please)? And what else can I do to make this good? I'm open to alternatives.

(BTW, I made the "bone-sucking bbq sauce recipe I found in this thread for it and it's awesome!)
With the baked beans, the whole thing is going to runny and casserole will not be able cut in slices like shepherds pie...Not it's a bad thing. With the potatoes, if you using a glass pyrex pan, it'll decrease the browning. Also you give the tatters a head start in the microwave. Maybe a layer of corn bread, BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes would be good. Keep us posted

Tags
None