Rotisserie Chicken leftovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
How do you use the leftovers from a roasted chicken? I am out of ideas and would like to make something different. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

The first thing I'd do is take the meat off of the carcass, and then take all the bones and cover with water in a pot. Add some rough-chopped root vegs and let it simmer for a few hours. You'll love this chicken broth!

Here are a few ideas for the meat:
*Chicken Enchiladas with Pepper Jack Cheese and Tomatillo Salsa
*Chicken Pie with vegs, with a cream cheese base
*Chopped fresh salad: Chicken, green onions, romaine, spiced pecans, dried cranberries, blue cheese crumbles

You can also mix up the chopped chicken with your favorite steamed vegetables & spices and make little pockets out of layers of phyllo dough (with butter between the layers). Then bake @ 350 till golden.

You could make quesadillas, spring rolls, quiche, chicken salad on crispy rolls, add it on to pizza, fill crepes (thin pancakes) with chicken mayo or chicken and mushroom filling etc etc.

I also make a filling with mayo, creamed corn, shredded roast chicken and finely diced onion to put on toasted sandwiches and stuff in fatcakes or crepes that my kids love.

;) Sorry, I've never had leftovers of rotisserie cgicken I can eat the whole thing in one seating without even a blink. As the matter of fact I think I can eat more than one. I love rotisserie chicken so much.:)

When the weather is warm, I chop up the chicken and put it on a salad as supper.

Chicken salad, made like tuna salad.

Hot chicken sandwiches: shred the meat; put it on slices of good bread; pour hot chicken gravy (made with the stock from the leftover bones) over the chicken on the bread. I usually nuke the chicken on the bread, just to make it all nice and warm. :yum:

A couple of nights ago I added chunked LO chicken to a quick stir fry.

Its a quick and easy, one pan weeknight meal.

Ditto on using the carcass for stock.

open face chicken sandwich with gray just as you would turky and gravy. add some cranberry sauce, and fall too. You could make onion jam and sauteed apples to go with the sandwich as well or instead of cranberrys.

kades

Also, chicken salad.

Chicken, mayo, chopped celery and red onion, salt and pepper

I always use some to make chicken salad sandwiches for TB's work lunches. I think it is the best part of eating the chicken for him! :LOL: The last ones I made were with a seasoning mix I get from a Canadian company called Epicure Selections. The mix was "Mango Curry" and I added green onion, celery and mayo. He loved it! :)

I also save the drippings & make homemade dog treats for my kids! They love those treats but you have to keep them in the fridge!

Back
Top Bottom