Tarragon Chicken Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Tarragon Chicken Casserole
Yields: 4 – 6 servings

one 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 c half-and-half
4 t dried tarragon
½ t ground black pepper
one 8 oz package spaghetti, cooked and drained
3 c cooked, cubed chicken meat
½ c grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
In a large bowl combine the soup, half-and-half, tarragon and pepper. Stir in the spaghetti and the chicken. Transfer all to an ungreased 9 x 13” baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Of course, I've changed it before I even cooked the recipe verbatim. I increased the spaghetti to 10 oz (uncooked weight), and broke the pasta into smaller pieces. I went and got one of those nice Tyson cold roast chickens at the grocery store, picked the meat from the bones, and rough-chopped it. I'm out of Parmesan, but used Romano instead. Also, I halved the amount of tarragon. My gut tells me that the 4 t of tarragon should really be FRESH tarragon. We'll see what the results are when we eat it. Finally, I put the cream of chicken soup and half-and-half in a large plastic mixing bowl and microwaved it until it was warm, making it easier to mix the two, plus help shorten the cooking time.

Maybe some bread crumbs on top? I didn't add any, but I make make a mention of that in the final copy of the recipe.

Well, the results are in, and, it's good! It's not to different from a Tetrazinni. I will make a change to taste for salt before baking it. I left the salt out this time, as I was using a canned product.

If I keep making this, I'm going to have to bulk it up some in later years, as the little ones get bigger. Maybe some mushrooms?

looks like you could bulk it up with broccoli flowerettes, chopped artichokes, mushrooms - I think there's lots of options here - it looks great Allen - thanks for posting it!

Back
Top Bottom