"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

I've only ever had one kind of sub from Subway, but haven't had it in probably 15 years, so things may have changed, lol. It was a seafood sub with a little lettuce, black olives and mozzarella. Cut into threes, so it was more manageable while driving. I guess that was my version of eating healthy 15-20 years ago.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
Master Chef

I just love their tuna sandwich. Pretty standard, pretty simple, tuna, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, a little bit of oil and vinegar.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
Wine Guy

I can't remember the last time I ate at Subway. It's probably been years, though.

Back in the day, I used to get something called a BMT. Do they still make those? It was kind of an Italian hogie as I recall. I don't know exactly what BMT stands for, though I've always wondered if it was related to the Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit (which once operated part of the NYC subway system. Subway... get it?)
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I can't remember the last time I ate at Subway. It's probably been years, though.

Back in the day, I used to get something called a BMT. Do they still make those? It was kind of an Italian hogie as I recall. I don't know exactly what BMT stands for, though I've always wondered if it was related to the Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit (which once operated part of the NYC subway system. Subway... get it?)
I think BMT was biggest,meatist, tasteist.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
Master Chef

I'm really surprised at how many people seem to like their tuna. I've seen that glob in the service container and it looks gross to me, but then I don't think I've ever had a tuna sandwich anywhere but home. I'm sure that nasty looking stuff is not albacore white tuna and that's all I'll eat. That being said, I sometimes grab a "spicy Italian" with Provolone on a toasted white bun with a little lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, olives, oil and vinegar. Not bad.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
I think BMT was biggest,meatist, tasteist.
No kidding? I wouldn't have thought of that. I just assumed it was something subway related.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I like the tuna and the spicy Italian. I also like that you can pile on as many veggies as you want, I get some of everything, especially the banana peppers.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
No kidding? I wouldn't have thought of that. I just assumed it was something subway related.
Yeah, but the only way to actually get BMT was to order double meat!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm really surprised at how many people seem to like their tuna. I've seen that glob in the service container and it looks gross to me, but then I don't think I've ever had a tuna sandwich anywhere but home. I'm sure that nasty looking stuff is not albacore white tuna and that's all I'll eat. That being said, I sometimes grab a "spicy Italian" with Provolone on a toasted white bun with a little lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, olives, oil and vinegar. Not bad.

The tuna that drove me away permanently looked like cat food and had the texture of thick paste like it had been put in a blender. And it smelled.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #20
Sous Chef

Veggie Delight on wheat

Pepper jack cheese, and I ask them to put red onions and oregano on it BEFORE toasting.
Then it's spinach, tomatoes, a little more red onion, olives, banana peppers, extra jalapenos, cucumbers, salt & pepper, oil & vinegar--really light on the oil.

and NO MAYONNAISE lol

That's my standard sub there, for $5 it's a good deal plus it's only ~550 calories for a 12 inch. Sometimes I'll have them add guacamole but hardly ever since it's not worth $1.50.