Post Your Favorite Subway Sub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the teriyaki chicken sweet onion on flatbread with pepperjack cheese, toasted, topped with fresh spinach, tomato, onion & pickels.

We don't go there often but when we do it's always the BMT - toasted with mayo, black olive, green peppers, honey mustard, and sometimes tomato if they look good.

We used to have Quiznos here but they left. They had some pretty good sandwiches.

Veggie Delight (+)veggie Burger, (-) green peppers, (+) oil and vinegar.

The only thing im not crazy about are there bread/ rolls. I prefer a sub/ hoagie ( sorry, the philly in me) with a roll with a harder crust. Best 'hoagies' ive gotten though have been out of philly. But subway, due to there endless locations, and the fact that its one of the few places all 4 of us ( wife and kids) can eat without bitching and complaining, we do eat there about once a month or so.

I like several different kinds of sandwiches at Subway, but I think my favorite is the sweet onion chicken teriyaki on 9 grain honey oat bread. I get lettuce, spinach, green peppers, tomato, and cucumbers on it. I also have the sweet onion sauce on it. :yum: :chef:

Subway makes absolutely the best tuna sandwich, hands down, no stupid onions, or peppers or what's even worse some people chop celery into tuna sandwich.

As cheap deli sandwiches go, I loved Subway. I was partial to their spicy Italian and also their club. I'm not sure why, but lately cold cuts have not set well with me. Even super-good cold cuts. Perhaps the preservatives or curing process. Not sure. It's pretty much ended Subway for a quick bite for me though.

Subway makes absolutely the best tuna sandwich, hands down, no stupid onions, or peppers or what's even worse some people chop celery into tuna sandwich.

Chopped celery in tunafish is very popular here. Sorry you don't agree with it.
Is that a Minnesotan thing? Do they add anything?

I just discovered a local sandwich shop last Friday that will be getting my business. Much closer than Quizno's. The Subway's here are all run and mis-managed by the same woman, not a good place to eat.

When I do Subway I get their seafood sub with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, sweet peppers and mayo. Not all Subways serve the seafood so then I get the club sandwich with turkey, roast beef and ham. Same toppings except add cheese and switch mayo for honey mustard.

I much prefer the Subway Station shop here. They use a creamy Italian dressing on their subs and the whole thing is baked so the meats are warm and the cheese melts and the outside of the bread gets toasted.

We don't get Subway in SA but I do get subs at our pizza place and sometimes order one with mozzarella, olives, chillies, garlic and tomato.

Turkey with swiss and avacado. I like subway better than Quiznos (too salty) but I like Togos better than subway. Our grocery store makes a decent sandwich at the deli counter but the service is bad beyond belief.

Subway used to have bread that smelled vile while it was baking, so I didn't eat there. It no longer smells bad while it is being baked. I only eat there as an emergency measure when I'm out and can't find something better. If I want a sub, I live right around the corner from Montreal restaurant Dagwoods offers catering services and food delivery. It's actually the original, from before it became a chain. I usually have the roast beast with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickled hot peppers, and Dagwood's sauce on whole wheat.

I also like to stop at subway for a salad. I usually just get the chicken breast salad, and I pick all of my veggies. I can stop by on the way to work, and they will make a salad at that time, and then I get the dressing on the side and it is easy for me at lunch time later. It's kind of nice that you can get anything they serve at any time of day. :)

Chopped celery in tunafish is very popular here. Sorry you don't agree with it.
Is that a Minnesotan thing? Do they add anything?
When I make tuna salad at home I add Miracle Whip, dill pickles, celery, onion, and sometimes celery seed. Subway's tuna salad looks like it may just be tuna and mayonnaise, maybe some spices(?). You have them add all the other stuff on top of it. James and I love Subway's tuna subs. I always order them on honey-oat bread and top the tuna salad with lettuce, spinach, onion, tomato, black olives, as much dill pickle as we can get without being charged more, and a little dash of oil and vinegar. James gets his the same way, but with cheese and cucumber in addition to the other stuff.

We also like their Subway Club sandwich.

All of that said, we have not eaten there much since giving up most breads. :cool:

When I make tuna salad at home I add Miracle Whip, dill pickles, celery, onion, and sometimes celery seed. Subway's tuna salad looks like it may just be tuna and mayonnaise, maybe some spices(?). You have them add all the other stuff on top of it. James and I love Subway's tuna subs. I always order them on honey-oat bread and top the tuna salad with lettuce, spinach, onion, tomato, black olives, as much dill pickle as we can get without being charged more, and a little dash of oil and vinegar. James gets his the same way, but with cheese and cucumber in addition to the other stuff.

We also like their Subway Club sandwich.

All of that said, we have not eaten there much since giving up most breads. :cool:

I always use celery and onion. I've had it with pickle in it, too, though. It always has something in it :yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom