Butter Pecan bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dave the baker

Sous Chef
Happy to oblige:

Butter Pecan Bread,

2 1/4 C all purpose flour (unbleached),
2 tsp Baking Powder,
1/2 tsp Baking Soda,
1/2 tsp Salt,
1/2 tsp Cinnamon,
1/4 tsp fresh grated Nutmeg,
1 C Brown Sugar (light or dark; I've used both),
1 Egg, beaten,
1 C Buttermilk (1 C Milk + 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or vinegar)
2 Tbsp Butter - melted,
1 C chopped Pecans,

Pre-heat oven to 350 F,

Blend together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and brown sugar. Combine buttermilk, egg and butter; add to the flour mixture, blend well and stir in the chopped nuts.

Put into greased 9 X 5 loaf pan. Bake 45 to 50 min; remove from oven when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool and inhale!

The one function I wish we had on here is a bookmark section for recipes like this. I'm going to make this later this week Dave, thanks for the recipe!

Yep me too. I will see if Andy can do anything with that. I think though we just have to wait for the software to be developed.

I am assuming you toast the nuts before you add them. This recipes sounds so easy to make that if I have time, I will give it a try.

Dave, I love Butter Pecan anything. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I have everything I need to make this bread today. Your recipe is right on time!!!!

oh, Dave, that sounds fabulous! Duly copied. I'm just thinking how wonderful that would be with a tad less sugar and then toasted to serve with a cheese tray. My mouth is watering!!! :chef: :pig: ;)

Oh that sounds good and I'm going to try it too ,thank you Dave Have a great day !!

This looks really good! How do you think it would be without the cinnamon? I'm going to try it this weekend (minus the cinnamon). Thank you for sharing!

Made this yesterday for breakfast - awesome!! Four of us devoured all but about 1" of the loaf! I only used 1/2 a tsp. of cinnamon, I don't think anyone noticed. Thank you for the great recipe Dave!

Back
Top Bottom