Ms. Mofet's Three Favorite TNT Ice Cream Recipes (Coffee, Maple Walnut, and Butter Pecan)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
These recipes came from my 40-year-old ice cream maker booklet. I love all three.

Coffee Ice Cream

Makes 1 Quart

2 C. heavy cream (1 pt.)
2 C. light cream (1 pt.)
2 TBSP. instant Espresso or coffee powder (or to taste)
1 C. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt

Place all ingredients into the cream can and stir with a wooden spoon or plastic/silicone spatula until sugar dissolves.

Proceed according to manufacturer's processing directions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maple Walnut Ice Cream

Makes 1 Quart

2 C. heavy cream (1 pt.)
2 C. light cream (1 pt.)
1 C. sugar
1 TBSP. maple extract
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 - 1 C. chopped walnuts (or to taste)

Place all ingredients (except walnuts) into the can and stir with a wooden spoon or plastic/silicone spatula until the sugars dissolves.

Proceed according to manufacture's processing directions.

Stir walnuts into the mixture after processing, BUT before hardening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Makes 1 Quart

2 C. heavy cream (1 pt.)
2 C. light cream (1 pt.)
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. white sugar
1/2 tsp. butter extract
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 C. chopped pecans (or to taste)

Place all ingredients (except pecans) into the cream can and stir with a wooden spoon or plastic/silicone spatula until sugars dissolves.

Proceed according to manufacture's processing directions.

Stir pecans into the mixture after processing, BUT before hardening.

Last edited:
There are other recipes if you are interested.

Can any of these be made in a Cuisinart ice cream maker? However, to me, the measurements of the ingredients may have to be cut down a bit.
You can make them in any machine. Just follow the freezing directions for your machine. These recipes were for my machine that only made one quart at a time. Multiple ingredients for the amount you want to make.
When I ever find my new machine, I will probably double the recipes.

IMG_1340.jpeg

Love me some homemade ice cream. I made some vanilla ice cream on Saturday and we'll polish it off tonight. Yum! I think butter pecan is next on the agenda.

P.S. msmofet thanks for the info on the butter extract. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow and will get some.

Interesting that the maple walnut does not use maple syrup and the butter pecan doesn't use butter.

Interesting that the maple walnut does not use maple syrup and the butter pecan doesn't use butter.
I've been wondering if and how one would use maple syrup for the maple walnut and butter for the butter pecan. Would the maple syrup mess up the texture of the ice cream? Would the butter make little blobs of hard butter throughout the ice cream? I don't think I am quite curious enough to start experimenting with those ideas.

I suspect any recipe that called for maple syrup or butter would tell you how to incorporate it into he recipe. When I make maple walnut I boil down the syrup from ¾C to ⅔C then combine it with the dairy.

I suspect any recipe that called for maple syrup or butter would tell you how to incorporate it into he recipe. When I make maple walnut I boil down the syrup from ¾C to ⅔C then combine it with the dairy.
I think you could also use a reduction of maple syrup to create ‘taffy’ ribbons or swirls added at the end of the churning process.

Similar to this old fashioned Jack Wax using snow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom