Easy Banana Oatmeal loaf/cake/muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
2-3 smushed bananas
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips/pecan pieces/craisins/dried blueberries (whatever you feel like tossing in really)

Blend all wet ingredients together (including bananas). Toss in the oatmeal and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Then add all the dry ingredients at once and stir til blended. Makes one 9x9 cake, or about 16-18 muffins, or one loaf pan filled nearly to overflowing. Bake at 350 til done. Cake and muffins this is about 12-15 minutes, loaf is longer, more like 45 (sorry, I didn't time it!)

Killer tasty and really easy to slap together.

thanks for the recipe...........i'm munching on a muffin, went with walnuts, chocolate chips and a burst of cinnamon. Pretty tasty. I liked that they do not have that much sugar. I made 12 muffins and a small loaf pan:)

I pulled one muffin out of the freezer and crumbled it over some vanilla yogurt, for breakfast. Twas better than expected, NICE combination of flavors: bananas, walnuts, chocolate chips, yogurt, vanilla:)

The September issue of Cooking Light has a fantastic recipe for coconut banana bread with lime glaze. I made it yesterday, substituting Better N Eggs for whole egg and bourbon for rum because I had Better N Eggs and bourbon but no real eggs or rum, and it is STILL delicious! In fact, as soon as I am done here, I am going to toast up the two slices I brought with me from home and enjoy them with a cup of coffee.

Back
Top Bottom