Griddle Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This flat bread is cooked on a griddle. They are small about 9 inches and are eaten HOT after folding in half and filling with cheese,prosciutto,sauteed greens such as Escarole and garlic, you pick. I make these with evoo because I cannot find lard that is good here and the friend who gave me the recipe prefers Lard. mix 3-1/2 cups a/p flour unbleached with 1 tea. salt,and 1 Tea. baking powder. Add 1 cup warm water,and either 1/4 cup of lard melted and cooled or evoo.Stir with wooden spoon til a soft dough forms. Then scrape onto lightly floured board and knead til smooth. Cover with a bowl and let rest 30 min to an hour. Cut into 8 pieces and leave the rest covered while you roll out one piece to a 8 in. circle. Repeat with the rest stacking with waxed paper in between eac circle. Preheat oven to 250. Then over med heat heat a large nonstick skillet or pancake griddle til very hot. Place a circle of dough on the surface and cook 30-60 seconds or til the piadine begins to firm up Turn the dough and cook other side 30-60 seconds Wrap in foil and keep warm inoven while you finish up the rest of the circles.To serve place greens or slices of prosciutto, salami,cheese on one side of the piadine. Fold one side over the filling eat like a sammie.
kades

Back
Top Bottom