Pita Pizza!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redandblue13

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I live in a university dorm and I barely have time to cook in the morning...but here's a little recipe I found online that I LOVE, and I decided to share. It's totally customizable and it tastes DELICIOUS! It has become my go-to veg out meal. It's delicious and healthy and so easy to make.

8323_.jpg

http://shrt.fm/ifUJwI

I am also looking for any ingredients that I can add on to my regular pita pizza... Usually I just do peppers, tomatoes, and sometimes olives...what else do you think would go well on this? Or, if you were to make this...what would you put on it?

Looking forward to hearing any thoughts! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My hubby and I love pita pizzas. We usually try to find the thicker pitas and we brush them with a little olive oil. It helps keep them from getting soggy from the pizza sauce and they crisp up nicely on the outside. For our favorite we spread on a little pizza sauce (tomato paste, basil, oregano, and garlic heated for a few minutes in the microwave, a little water for a thinner sauce). I cut beef (usually chuck steak) into thin strips and brown with a little garlic and some thin sliced onion. Toss that onto the pita with some asparagus cut in half lengthwise and then into 1 inch pieces and sliced mushrooms. Dash of black pepper and some grated asiago to finish it.

Pita pockets are very easy to make. I find the greek-style pita makes a better base for a pita pizza. You can find tons of recipes for pita pockets on the Internet. I also have a recipe for Swedish flatbread that is a yeast bread. It also makes a nice base for a pizza. I found the recipe on the Internet but don't have the URL handy.

Get a basil plant for your window and put a couple of torn leaves on with a slice or two of fresh tomato and a shake of cheese.

Back
Top Bottom