Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having a parent/teacher conference yesterday and being told my son, who is in the 6th. grade was reading at a 9th. grade level. That's nice, you say! When my son was in 3rd. grade he was diagnosed with a learning disability and was almost 2 years behind in reading compared to his classmates. I am still smiling. In fact my face hurts! Proud mom signing off!
Oh my gosh, that is so wonderful..He is some boy. Congratulations to you both.
kades

Still smiling from yesterday. We gave Ethan a birthday party at a local park, had a person come with some things for the kids to see and touch, a tortise, a turtle, a skink, a trantula, a garter snake and a beautiful black,red and white snake who's mane escapes me,a tadpole,a frog and several other little creatures..All the kids were thrilled..Then it was time for some games and then lunch and then the cake A Star Wars Clone cake he loved, time for presents..When one of the kids has a birthday, I get a little something for the other three so they don't feel left out. I know I'm spoiling them and ya know what? I love it...I pick just right yesterday and my reason for the big grin..The hugs and kisses for their gifts..Cade just yelled he was so happy and surprised, Olivia loved her Snow White doll and Carson was in awe of his puzzle.So I made out like a bandit :LOL: Ethan has taken it upon himself to help me into and out of the car, carry my purse, so it was easy to snooker him to the car and into it, I asked him please get that blanket for me, when he pulled the blanket down there was a brand new 16 inch bike in his favorite color GREEN, he squelled and said I love it, thank you ma and pa...It brought tears to my eyes to see the smile on his little face...I think his 5th birthday was a smash!!!
kades

You just gave me about 100 smiles, Kades. Thank you. I love hearing about your little ones - because of them, but mostly because of how you light up when you talk about them.

(by the way, I will try to answer your PM tonight as I am taking a break from a cake baking marathon right now and have to get back to it)

The family room floor is a mess. I just gave it a sweeping glance and Tumble has outdone himself. There are 17 toys spread out everywhere and the toy basket is nearly empty. Of course, HE won't be the one putting all the toys back in the basket. He's asleep on the sofa. Probably exhausted from his playing frenzy. How can I not smile?

Katie, how I have needed a Tumble story! And this sure didn't dissapoint.

Reminds me of my Bichon X Joie. When it is toy basket clean up time he hides under the piano bench in waiting until the very last item is put in (thinking I don't know he is there). As soon as the last piece is safely put away and the basket tucked in its corner, I turn my back and wait. Sure enough he pounces, empties and hides, waiting to do it all over again! Ain't they wonderful!

Give the little brat a scratch behind the ears for me will you!

Yesterday was fix-it day at my house. My DH put in a shiny new kitchen faucet and I fixed my running toilet. The best part was that there were no PLUMBER'S BUTT sightings.

GOAMK, you ALWAYS put a smile on my face and a laugh in my belly! :LOL:

Good job! Can your hubby do my sink next?

The family room floor is a mess. I just gave it a sweeping glance and Tumble has outdone himself. There are 17 toys spread out everywhere and the toy basket is nearly empty. Of course, HE won't be the one putting all the toys back in the basket. He's asleep on the sofa. Probably exhausted from his playing frenzy. How can I not smile?
Woah - do we live in the same house?? :huh:

My oldest daughter (6yo) said to me tonight, "I love it when you tuck me in at night."

AW! :)

Worth all the silver and gold there is. Cherish these moments and gather them in your memory. Those will be what will put a smile on your face when you are my age. Before you know it your 6-year-old will be 39 like mine. Treasure every one of those memories.

Oh, boy! No rest for the wicked/weary!!! Tumble is up to his tummy in the toy basket and has discovered a ball filled with juggle-like insides. He's tossed it out of the basket and is now flying through the family room and breakfast room playing with it. Sally and Ashley are hot on his heels.

Hey, you guys! It's after 10 o'clock!!!!!:LOL::LOL:

Oh, boy! No rest for the wicked/weary!!! Tumble is up to his tummy in the toy basket and has discovered a ball filled with juggle-like insides. He's tossed it out of the basket and is now flying through the family room and breakfast room playing with it. Sally and Ashley are hot on his heels.

Hey, you guys! It's after 10 o'clock!!!!!:LOL::LOL:
Just be glad they are not bringing you presents to the front door...Gophers!! YUK
kades:shock:

Having a good day all round and then getting a phone call from some one very dear to me, whom I love like a sister..
kades

Smile #1)
Picking up my son on the last day of school and seeing the big smile on his face. He gets in the car and the first thing out of his mouth is... "Get me out of here."

Smile #2)
He brought his yearbook to school on the last day and when I asked him how many kids signed it he said, "I wasn't about to let those Hannah Montana fans ruin my yearbook, I just wanted Ms. Patriarca to sign it."
Now to my son and I, when he calls someone a Hanna Montana fan that means he's calling them an idiot, but my son is not aloud to say the word idiot. And Ms. Patriarca is his math teacher. He absolutely adores her.

Smile #3)
He ended the year with five A's and one B. I am truly blessed!!!

connected with my brother on facebook. Been about 15 years since I have seen him. He lives in Georgia now though. Maybe he will come this way to visit sometime.

connected with my brother on facebook. Been about 15 years since I have seen him. He lives in Georgia now though. Maybe he will come this way to visit sometime.

I have found 8 or 9 friends that lived in my old neighborhood from 37 years ago on Facebook, three of which have lived within an hour of me for 20 years. I would do anything to reconnect with my brother. I haven't seen him 18 years. I'm so happy for you, and hope you two can get together soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom