Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's lakes with water that isn't cold?

Absolutely Taxy, we go lake Okanagan in BC every year for the August long weekend, this year the lake was somewhere between 21C and 25C. Now mind you that is surface temp. But it's plenty warm for swimming especially on a 30C+ day! ;)

So pleased you had such a good time away Chops, Nice to have you back :)

We went to Michigan on a vacation. My dad lives on a lake, and the dogs went with us to visit him. My male had never been swimming. I was in a kayak, and he was watching from the dock. He decided that he wanted to be with me. I saw him starting to look like he was going to jump, and I didn't think anything of it because I thought as you did- dogs just know how to swim. Well, this one didn't! He jumped off the end of the dock, and went straight down to the bottom of the lake. He floated back to the top, and had a panicked look on his face as he dog paddled to the dock and tried to climb on. He couldn't get up there, so he hung himself on the dock! It is hard to imagine I know, but he was hanging by his front legs- just stuck there! :LOL: Well, I was able to pluck him off of the dock, and lead him to where he could touch bottom and then he walked out. :)

About five minutes later, the female did the same thing including hanging herself up to dry on the dock! :ohmy: Unbelievable! :ROFLMAO:

When we plucked her off, she hung herself on the kayak my son was in. :ROFLMAO:
He was able to dump her off and we were able to get her to shore too!

Later, they both were able to walk in and swim, turn in the water and go back to the shore. They did swim a lot after that. They even used their tails as rudders! Too cute!

We went to Michigan on a vacation. My dad lives on a lake, and the dogs went with us to visit him. My male had never been swimming....................Later, they both were able to walk in and swim, turn in the water and go back to the shore. They did swim a lot after that. They even used their tails as rudders! Too cute!

chopper, the visual of the dogs clinging to the dock for dear life had both Himself and me rolling in the aisles, in a manner of speaking. If the doggies need a refresher course on swimming when you go back next time you might want to have a little something handy for the furkids:
kids-animal-design-swimming-ring-swimming.jpg

The last thing that made me smile is receiving my new toy. It's a solar powered, hand crank-able, flashlight, FM radio, and cell phone charger.

That sounds like a cool thing Taxy, where did you find one of those beauties?

If you ladies (or anyone else) want to kill a little time looking at neat, low-tech stuff check out the website for Lehman's Hardware - the shopping mall of the Amish. I could spend hours wandering through their store. And it's only a mere 18 miles from our daughter's place. Dangerous...:ermm:

If you ladies (or anyone else) want to kill a little time looking at neat, low-tech stuff check out the website for Lehman's Hardware - the shopping mall of the Amish. I could spend hours wandering through their store. And it's only a mere 18 miles from our daughter's place. Dangerous...:ermm:
Oh dear. You did have to go and give me that link. I bet the quality is better there.

chopper, the visual of the dogs clinging to the dock for dear life had both Himself and me rolling in the aisles, in a manner of speaking. If the doggies need a refresher course on swimming when you go back next time you might want to have a little something handy for the furkids:
:LOL: Thanks! I think they get the "hang" of it now! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks Kylie. It's good to be back. :) I sure did have some great sweet corn while I was in Michigan!:yum:

Many moons ago I don't remember where, but I had one of their thick catalogs. My niece confiscated it and made it her coffee table book. That poor book got just plumb worn out. She had to call and order another one. Everybody and anybody would pick it up and forget all about conversation. And at the same time it promoted some very interesting conversation. Like, "how would you like to live like that today?" It certainly draws you in. Just like the Sears one always did. :angel:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :angel:

Now look what you've done! I told DH I would make sauerkraut next month. Now I must have the fermenting crock and the sauerkraut stomper!! Jeesh. I'll have to look for the store when we go to Michigan next year, too.

Now look what you've done! I told DH I would make sauerkraut next month. Now I must have the fermenting crock and the sauerkraut stomper!! Jeesh. I'll have to look for the store when we go to Michigan next year, too.

:mrgreen: It can be an evil store! Evil on the budget, that is. I have to use great restraint when I walk through.

BTW, it isn't exactly on the way from VA to MI. You would have to add a couple days - if you're gonna BE in "Amish Country" you may as well enjoy Amish Country. I have a favorite small restaurant or two I could suggest...

:mrgreen: It can be an evil store! Evil on the budget, that is. I have to use great restraint when I walk through.

BTW, it isn't exactly on the way from VA to MI. You would have to add a couple days - if you're gonna BE in "Amish Country" you may as well enjoy Amish Country. I have a favorite small restaurant or two I could suggest...

I'm not anywhere near there and I spend incredible amounts at Lehman's. Just got my fall catalog. Waiting till I have a hot cup pf cocoa and curl up with it. I love low-tech.:rolleyes:

About a week ago I lost one of these:

20130825_204500.jpg

I checked the garbage (yuck). We have used that silverware several times since then. Flippin' panic time. I checked on the 'net and the cheapest I could get a replacement was $179 on Ebay for two, plus shipping. :ohmy: Other places wanted as much as $149 plus $30 for shipping.

Well, much to my surprise and delight, today I found it. It was with the rest of the silverware, but in the wrong place. I'm blaming the minute guys. A Matter of Minutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Episode 38 A Matter of Minutes (24 Jan. 1986 - YouTube

About a week ago I lost one of these:

I checked the garbage (yuck). We have used that silverware several times since then. Flippin' panic time. I checked on the 'net and the cheapest I could get a replacement was $179 on Ebay for two, plus shipping. :ohmy: Other places wanted as much as $149 plus $30 for shipping.

Well, much to my surprise and delight, today I found it. It was with the rest of the silverware, but in the wrong place. I'm blaming the minute guys. A Matter of Minutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Episode 38 A Matter of Minutes (24 Jan. 1986 - YouTube

I have had luck with Replacements.com. Sometimes pricy though.

Back
Top Bottom