Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just posting here makes me smile. I'm sorry, but I end up reading much more than I post.

CCL, this site is very addictive. Just ask anyone of us. And some (I am guilty.) tend to send longer posts than other do. We just love to chatter. Going off subject is another posting ill we all suffer from at times. :angel:

The dogs get me up when the song birds start singing (for those of you who don't know, that is around 4:20 a.m.). After I let them out and feed them, I watch some Food Network TV while I wait for the sun to come up enough to let the girls out. Instead of having coffee in the a.m., I spend about an hour watching the girls run around the yard. The "littles" are now clucking and practicing chest bumping, Junior is mimicking the body language of Redson and Stripey, the "littles" are trailing after the girls...today four of the littles were perched on the rim of one of the dog dishes that I use for watering them in the yard (the dogs also drink out of them). I couldn't help but smile as I watched the antics of the birds. They are such happy birds in the summer. I don't have the heart to tell them that winter will come again and the grass, worms, and bugs will disappear...

Oh, after I get my morning fix of watching the birds, I usually take about a 45 minute nap before I start work. I'm done for the day by 4:00 p.m. That's when I nap again. Gotta love working from home when you can get the work.

Last edited:
The dogs get me up when the song birds start singing (for those of you who don't know, that is around 4:20 a.m.). After I let them out and feed them, I watch some Food Network TV while I wait for the sun to come up enough to let the girls out. Instead of having coffee in the a.m., I spend about an hour watching the girls run around the yard. The "littles" are now clucking and practicing chest bumping, Junior is mimicking the body language of Redson and Stripey, the "littles" are trailing after the girls...today four of the littles were perched on the rim of one of the dog dishes that I use for watering them in the yard (the dogs also drink out of them). I couldn't help but smile as I watched the antics of the birds. They are such happy birds in the summer. I don't have the heart to tell them that winter will come again and the grass, worms, and bugs will disappear...

Oh, after I get my morning fix of watching the birds, I usually take about a 45 minute nap before I start work. I'm done for the day by 4:00 p.m. That's when I nap again. Gotta love working from home when you can get the work.

I used to sit out on the front porch in the wee hours of the morning listening to the birds get up out of bed. I had my coffee and the latest book I was reading. I would see all the husbands heading out to work. The wives didn't take to kindly to my sitting out there to see their husbands off. "If I could get up that early, why couldn't they." The were so glad when winter would come and it was too cold for me to sit out there. Then it was time to get the kids up for breakfast and school. Early morning is my favorite time of day. One day when I had been awake all night, I went down to the patio and was there just as the birds were waking up at the first crack of dawn. That tree on the patio holds a LOT of birds. What a racket! You couldn't hear yourself think. :angel:

Early this afternoon I had been upstairs talking to Himself when he annoyed the heck out of me. When I headed downstairs to the kitchen and looked out the window over the sink I saw a big monarch butterfly flitting by! Annoyed with Himself? Nope! Mom Nature sure knows how to balance things out.

Early this afternoon I had been upstairs talking to Himself when he annoyed the heck out of me. When I headed downstairs to the kitchen and looked out the window over the sink I saw a big monarch butterfly flitting by! Annoyed with Himself? Nope! Mom Nature sure knows how to balance things out.

I am often in awe of Mother Nature. Today I saw a bird pick out a piece of straw and fly back to her tree with it. She came back a few minutes later and found another piece. She seemed to be building a nest. I watched her repeat this work for about ten minutes. Then I had to go back inside. I was at Winthrop at the time, and I knew they would be looking for me. I would have preferred to stay there sitting quietly watching the bird make her trips back and forth. She knew exactly which pieces she wanted and passed up the ones that weren't suitable. :angel:

Last thing that made me smile was visiting my elderly mother (now 94) in her nursery home and hearing her say "they are all old people here"!
588401.gif

Just saw a tiny Monarch caterpillar on my milkweed! I haven't seen Monarchs for several years, saw two this year, and was hoping they'd like it here.

I got to hold the our friend's newly adopted baby! He's 2 weeks old, but was born 4 weeks premature (does that make him negative 2 weeks,LOL). He's such a little peanut, but is just as healthy as can be. The new parents while sleepy are still beaming with pride!

I got to hold the our friend's newly adopted baby! He's 2 weeks old, but was born 4 weeks premature (does that make him negative 2 weeks,LOL). He's such a little peanut, but is just as healthy as can be. The new parents while sleepy are still beaming with pride!

Oh, how sweet, BC! Congrats to the new parents!

Actually, in development, he is minus 2 weeks. The pediatrician will consider him as such until he is "at term" and then the negative will turn into a plus. If he's lucky, he can have two birthdays every year.:LOL: The pediatrician and his staff are the only one's with this particular affliction.

I am in the er and got a text from the mom who is syayong with us with her kids. she has graduated to this amd will probably go home in a few days. anyway the kids wanted to make sure the doctor makes me better so I can come home to them. I am smiling from ear to ear.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom