"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #4021
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
my neighbor just finished vacuuming my house. clean floors put a great big smile on my face. vacuuming is the one chore that is just to much for me to do. i am paying her of course. forty dollars for twice a month.
__________________

__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #4022
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
a check i've waited for for a few months now as a reimbursement finally arrived.
__________________

__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #4023
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Thinking about my mom is making me smile today. It is hard to even imagine that she would have been 71 today.
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #4024
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
my neighbor just finished vacuuming my house. clean floors put a great big smile on my face. vacuuming is the one chore that is just to much for me to do. i am paying her of course. forty dollars for twice a month.
I am smiling with you Babe, and happy that you are getting help around the house.

My Dad has been fighting a cold and it was affecting his breathing again. We had to put him on 24/7 watch and DH thankfully was off yesterday so we took turns. At 5:30 pm my neighbour (who adores Dad and has stayed with him before), comes over, puts some cash in my hand and tells us to go get dinner or something and she would stay with Dad. It was so nice just to spend a couple of hours out together and not have to worry. I said we should be paying HER! But we do things for each other and she wanted us to just enjoy ourselves.

My final smile came this morning when Dad's fever broke and he started breathing better.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #4025
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am smiling with you Babe, and happy that you are getting help around the house.

My Dad has been fighting a cold and it was affecting his breathing again. We had to put him on 24/7 watch and DH thankfully was off yesterday so we took turns. At 5:30 pm my neighbour (who adores Dad and has stayed with him before), comes over, puts some cash in my hand and tells us to go get dinner or something and she would stay with Dad. It was so nice just to spend a couple of hours out together and not have to worry. I said we should be paying HER! But we do things for each other and she wanted us to just enjoy ourselves.

My final smile came this morning when Dad's fever broke and he started breathing better.
Yay!!
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #4026
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
smiling big time at my first successful day on a diet. today i am shopping on line for a few summer clothes. now that is a reason to smile.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #4027
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
Way to go Babe!

DH just called and he just got a full-time (temporary) position with the bus company, Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. We don't know for how long, but it will be nice to know when he is working and not have to get a call at 5 am that he needs to be there by 7! And I can plan meals and his lunches better too!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #4028
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,282
Sounds great, Laurie. That will help for a while!

I'm gearing up for my next 10K and then the Relay for Life Run. I'm hoping the company that was getting finish line photos got one of me. Shrek didn't make it to the race on Saturday.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #4029
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Sounds great, Laurie. That will help for a while!

I'm gearing up for my next 10K and then the Relay for Life Run. I'm hoping the company that was getting finish line photos got one of me. Shrek didn't make it to the race on Saturday.
You go girl!!!!! When is the next race?
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #4030
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,282
In two weeks, I'm hoping to do much better time wise this time. I did the race on Saturday in 1 hour, 50 min. I'm hoping to make it in 1 hour, 30 min next time. I'm also hoping it will stay cooler, as soon as it gets hot I won't be attending races that happen in the middle of the day.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.