"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #4021
Chef Extraordinaire

my neighbor just finished vacuuming my house. clean floors put a great big smile on my face. vacuuming is the one chore that is just to much for me to do. i am paying her of course. forty dollars for twice a month.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #4022
Master Chef

a check i've waited for for a few months now as a reimbursement finally arrived.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #4023
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thinking about my mom is making me smile today. It is hard to even imagine that she would have been 71 today.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #4024
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
my neighbor just finished vacuuming my house. clean floors put a great big smile on my face. vacuuming is the one chore that is just to much for me to do. i am paying her of course. forty dollars for twice a month.
I am smiling with you Babe, and happy that you are getting help around the house.

My Dad has been fighting a cold and it was affecting his breathing again. We had to put him on 24/7 watch and DH thankfully was off yesterday so we took turns. At 5:30 pm my neighbour (who adores Dad and has stayed with him before), comes over, puts some cash in my hand and tells us to go get dinner or something and she would stay with Dad. It was so nice just to spend a couple of hours out together and not have to worry. I said we should be paying HER! But we do things for each other and she wanted us to just enjoy ourselves.

My final smile came this morning when Dad's fever broke and he started breathing better.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #4025
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am smiling with you Babe, and happy that you are getting help around the house.

My Dad has been fighting a cold and it was affecting his breathing again. We had to put him on 24/7 watch and DH thankfully was off yesterday so we took turns. At 5:30 pm my neighbour (who adores Dad and has stayed with him before), comes over, puts some cash in my hand and tells us to go get dinner or something and she would stay with Dad. It was so nice just to spend a couple of hours out together and not have to worry. I said we should be paying HER! But we do things for each other and she wanted us to just enjoy ourselves.

My final smile came this morning when Dad's fever broke and he started breathing better.
Yay!!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #4026
Chef Extraordinaire

smiling big time at my first successful day on a diet. today i am shopping on line for a few summer clothes. now that is a reason to smile.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #4027
Certified Cake Maniac

Way to go Babe!

DH just called and he just got a full-time (temporary) position with the bus company, Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. We don't know for how long, but it will be nice to know when he is working and not have to get a call at 5 am that he needs to be there by 7! And I can plan meals and his lunches better too!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #4028
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sounds great, Laurie. That will help for a while!

I'm gearing up for my next 10K and then the Relay for Life Run. I'm hoping the company that was getting finish line photos got one of me. Shrek didn't make it to the race on Saturday.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #4029
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Sounds great, Laurie. That will help for a while!

I'm gearing up for my next 10K and then the Relay for Life Run. I'm hoping the company that was getting finish line photos got one of me. Shrek didn't make it to the race on Saturday.
You go girl!!!!! When is the next race?

Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #4030
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

In two weeks, I'm hoping to do much better time wise this time. I did the race on Saturday in 1 hour, 50 min. I'm hoping to make it in 1 hour, 30 min next time. I'm also hoping it will stay cooler, as soon as it gets hot I won't be attending races that happen in the middle of the day.