"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #6651
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Tell them to be nice to Monkey and Violet. And, if they aren't, no Goldfish.
I am going to try putting Violet's thunder shirt on her. Hopefully that will keep her calm. Monkey will just go hide under the bed or I will put her out on her lead outside and she will curl up in the shade of my rhododendron! But yes, you mess with my "kids", you don't get any goldfish or sparkle juice (orange juice mixed with sparkling water)! And that's the rule!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:12 AM   #6652
Master Chef

I'm smiling because my credit union is smarter than I am. I had entered a funds transfer notation showing money from savings to checking before paying bills last week. Got distracted before actually doing the bill pay, and when I went back to business I had forgotten that I actually hadn't transferred the funds. Oops!

Thank goodness we have overdraft protection, so the CU transfers money automatically to pay whatever bill is there.

When paying bills tonight I made double sure to move the money into checking before hitting any more keys!

Old 08-21-2014, 06:12 AM   #6653
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'm smiling because my credit union is smarter than I am. I had entered a funds transfer notation showing money from savings to checking before paying bills last week. Got distracted before actually doing the bill pay, and when I went back to business I had forgotten that I actually hadn't transferred the funds. Oops!

Thank goodness we have overdraft protection, so the CU transfers money automatically to pay whatever bill is there.

When paying bills tonight I made double sure to move the money into checking before hitting any more keys!
I used to have my SS check deposited in my savings account. Then for some unknown reason, SS decided to send it directly to my checking account. So I go to transfer the money to my checking to pay bills. Not enough money in there. I was in a panic. I have already written out the checks and they were in the mail. So I called my Credit Union. They straightened it all out for me. I had nothing to worry about. I left the deposit as it now is.

When I was getting ready to retire, I called SS and set it up so my checks would go directly into my savings account. About eight months after my 62nd. birthday, I was still working and remembered I was supposed to be getting my checks. What happened? I called SS and they informed me that they had sent them to my savings account. So I called my Credit Union. Sure enough. They were there. I now had a nice little nest egg sitting there for me. That's what I get for not really looking at my bank statement.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #6654
Master Chef

I found near-20 $$ in my jacket, & i found old episodes of 'the simpsons' on television. it's so often that those things seem so insignificant. until you think about them for a second or two.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #6655
Certified Cake Maniac

Picking, cooking and eating the very first spaghetti squash from our garden! And there are plenty more to come!

Old 08-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #6656
Chef Extraordinaire

Watching the day-old chick learn to peck and drink from the water bottle!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #6657
Head Chef

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Watching the day-old chick learn to peck and drink from the water bottle!
Aww ... that's cute!

Nothing like observing new life to wash away any jadedness there may be to life.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #6658
Certified Cake Maniac

We were watching TV tonight and I looked down at my feet. there was Violet lying with her head almost touching my toes and two little black paws (Monkey) peaking out from under my blanket which was down beside me as I didn't need it. They were both fast asleep and content! To be loved always puts a smile on my face.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #6659
Chef Extraordinaire

I got an email tonight from a relative that is taking care of our family tree on Tribal Pages. She found the newspaper obit of my uncle who died in WWI. He was 19 years old at the time. We now know where he was buried. Something we had been trying to find out for years. I don't know how she finds so much information, but the branch of my family tree just keeps growing. Now if I could just get my kids interested in it. This is something that is very important to me and I am so glad she is doing this for not only my family, but a couple of others.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #6660
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Celebrating our 1st anniversary as a married couple!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote

« Finally | - »