Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like your Mum has found herself a keeper. Having someone whose company you enjoy can make for a really memorable vacation. Hang in there. She will be home soon with lots to tell you and pictures. :angel:

Yes, she sure has Ads, which is wonderful as dad was the love of her life, her one and only love, so I am so pleased that she has found happiness again with Don.

It is actually going to be 13 years this Sunday, July 13 since my dear dad passed away, miss him so much

I will be phoning mum on Sunday as we always like to have a little chat no matter where we are on that particular day

Cherish these times with your Mom Kylie. :flowers: It is time well spent. Mine has been gone 13 years, Dad 21, and I still miss them every day. It's a blessing to have wonderful parents that live on in your heart forever.

Cherish these times with your Mom Kylie. :flowers: It is time well spent. Mine has been gone 13 years, Dad 21, and I still miss them every day. It's a blessing to have wonderful parents that live on in your heart forever.

+1. Miss my parents every day.

My smile: My blueberries! My 2 bushes were full up as always this year, but for the first time in 5 years, something other than me hasn't eaten all my blueberries!!! We picked more than 2 cups, (I usually got about 5 berries in previous years) and get to eat them all!! There are more ripening. I did find a Japanese beetle, and I squished it by hand. They are hard to squish, and I have a slight injury from it, but I have blueberries!!

Last edited:

My smile: My blueberries! My 2 bushes were full up as always this year, but for the first time in 5 years, something other than me hasn't eaten all my blueberries!!! We picked more than 2 cups, (I usually got about 5 berries in previous years) and get to eat them all!! There are more ripening. I did find a Japanese beetle, and I squished it by hand. They are hard to squish, and I have a slight injury from it, but I have blueberries!!
Yay blueberries! Ick, squishing beetle.

Mmmmmm blueberries! My favorite food in the whole world! :yum:

Yes, I always treasure the time I have with mum, I try to see her as much as I can and it is great that we live very close to mum (I made sure of it) ;)

We only live about a 10 minute drive away from each other, which is great :)

every time i start to long for the days i had blueberry bushes growing in my yard, my thoughts turn to the horrific itching around my waist and ankles from CHIGGER bites that ruined my pleasures of picking, if not eating and enjoying my blueberries. today, bluies are an expensive, but undeniable itch i scratch frequently with great pleasure, no guilt attached....

Yes, I always treasure the time I have with mum, I try to see her as much as I can and it is great that we live very close to mum (I made sure of it) ;)

We only live about a 10 minute drive away from each other, which is great :)

So glad you are close together. When I moved far away from home at 18 I never realized it would be forever or the impact it would have on us all. Good things and bad things come from all choices we make in life. Enjoy Mum, and give her a hug from me when she gets home (just for raising such a nice daughter). ;)

Yay taxy! Did you see the same weather map I did tonight? There is this ginormous heat boomerang and runs from over by LP and Somebunny, swings thru the southern U.S., then runs up the east coast and clear into Canada way north of you! Looks like your AC is arriving just at the right time. Enjoy!

Went to the store this morning and got a loaf of French Baguetti bread and a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Dipping Oil With Garlic And Herbs. Yum!!!

Went to the store this morning and got a loaf of French Baguetti bread and a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Dipping Oil With Garlic And Herbs. Yum!!!

We sprinkle freshly grated Parmasean cheese over the oil. Most of the Italian restaurants in our city serve it as an appetizer to pick on until your meal comes. No charge. A big bowl of flavored croutons and a long dish every one can reach, filled with the flavored oil. The cheese is on the table along with the S&P. Now you have me wanting some. Well, I know what I am having for lunch. :angel:

We sprinkle freshly grated Parmasean cheese over the oil. Most of the Italian restaurants in our city serve it as an appetizer to pick on until your meal comes. No charge. A big bowl of flavored croutons and a long dish every one can reach, filled with the flavored oil. The cheese is on the table along with the S&P. Now you have me wanting some. Well, I know what I am having for lunch. :angel:
Around here, it's EVOO with a bit of balsamic vinegar on top and swirled into floating droplets.

I'm smiling. The new AC is installed and after less than 20 minutes we could feel the difference. I expect it to take many hours to get the whole house nice and cool.

The new compressor:

2013+-+1

and the inside fan unit:

2013+-+1

Back
Top Bottom