Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"It's my mole."

"No, it's my mole. Get your own mole."

"No way, it's my mole."

If they could speak, that's what our outside kittens would be saying. Buck and I have been "gifted" with several kitty treasures the last week. So far the score is kittens 3, squirrels 0. Nothing more appetizing than a dead squirrel with the creamy center missing. The kittens have also presented assorted birds and moles. Busy, busy, busy little felines.

Right now two of them are tossing a dead mole around like it's a hacky sack.

They're havin' a ball and are a delight to watch. Can't help but smile.

I'm smiling and so full I'd bounce if I fell:LOL: I've been wanting to visit a nearby Old Navy store, so we took off this afternoon and by golly we got there at last..Got things for the kids and dh and a shirt for me..Then we stopped at a new place to eat on the way back..Oh boy, DH had a monte cristo fantastic he's never even heard of it..I had a special a pork chop that had been marinated in a citrus marinade..then grilled and served with a creme frache sauce a timbal of wild and white rice and grilled asparagus..fantastic..Now to find out how to do that sauce...Started meal with french onion soup, it was the best I've ever had.. emmm..I'll be smiling all night...

kades

My ten year old son deciding to make dinner tonight and getting on and doing it, including things he does not like. A great pasta bake. He also said that the meatballs he made were to his "secret" recipe.

We went to see our granddaughter graduate from Madison Area Technical College today. She got her Diploma for Construction (Cabinetmaking and Millwork). I think it is amazing for her to excel in this field, all of her family on my DH side are all carpenters, lathers, plasterers, painters and electricans. She is following in their footsteps. We are very proud of her.

Thant's wonderful Joann,
congratulations to her and a big job well done.I'd be proud of her too..

kadesma

Thanks kadesma, they made the top of their graduating hats look like wood veneer. It was something their professor had them do. It looked pretty cool.:cool:

Thanks kadesma, they made the top of their graduating hats look like wood veneer. It was something their professor had them do. It looked pretty cool.:cool:
I bet it did..It will make a nice keepsake for her..
kades

we are the middle of a heat wave here, 101 right now. yesterday was just as bad. and to make it worse, our power went out.

do u know what little you can do without power. it was off from 2pm to 3 am

it made the house get very hot before it came back on.

i am smiling because it did come back on. also did do a couple things , that did not require electric appliances.

babe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My DIL went on a shopping trip with some of her friends and brought me back some "Bubble Up" pop. I haven't been able to find any in our area for many years. Used to be one of my favorite drinks.

We went to see our granddaughter graduate from Madison Area Technical College today. She got her Diploma for Construction (Cabinetmaking and Millwork). I think it is amazing for her to excel in this field, all of her family on my DH side are all carpenters, lathers, plasterers, painters and electricans. She is following in their footsteps. We are very proud of her.
Sorry I'm late but this is sooo exciting, JoAnn! That is such a cool field. I love woodworking and power tools but there are so many things I don't know how to do. I'm sure your granddaughter will end up being a master craftswoman. What area does she plan to go to work in now? (If I were you, I'd get my order in for any custom, built-ins or special furniture right away!) Congrats to you and your girl!

A year ago when our "daughter" was living with us and I was having a bad day, she phoned the house knowing we weren't here and sang a little song that she "just made up on the spot" It went "Laurie, I love you, Laurie your amazing..." DH as a second surprise put it on my cel phone as the ringtone for her. It was really fun because whereever I was this little song would play when she called.

Well, while in hospital she borrowed my new cel phone, which didn't have that special ring yet. I guess she decided to do something about it and recorded another one and hooked it up. This time it didn't say "Laurie", it said "Mom" and thanking me for always being there. We picked her up from the hospital yesterday and dropped her off at her home and we weren't 5 minutes away when the phone wrang from her newly charged cel and I heard this new little ditty.

I now get to smile (and get tears in my eyes) every time she calls me once again!

A year ago when our "daughter" was living with us and I was having a bad day, she phoned the house knowing we weren't here and sang a little song that she "just made up on the spot" It went "Laurie, I love you, Laurie your amazing..." DH as a second surprise put it on my cel phone as the ringtone for her. It was really fun because whereever I was this little song would play when she called.

Well, while in hospital she borrowed my new cel phone, which didn't have that special ring yet. I guess she decided to do something about it and recorded another one and hooked it up. This time it didn't say "Laurie", it said "Mom" and thanking me for always being there. We picked her up from the hospital yesterday and dropped her off at her home and we weren't 5 minutes away when the phone wrang from her newly charged cel and I heard this new little ditty.

I now get to smile (and get tears in my eyes) every time she calls me once again!

that is very sweet and should make u proud.

babe:mellow::mellow:

Back
Top Bottom