$40 a Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
Did anyone see the episode where Rachel went to Bermuda? I wanted to make the Sherry Peppers, but i forgot what Rachel had said it was a mix of. If anyone knows please post. Thanks :)

ME

MochaBean04 said:
Did anyone see the episode where Rachel went to Bermuda? I wanted to make the Sherry Peppers, but i forgot what Rachel had said it was a mix of. If anyone knows please post. Thanks :)

ME

Do you have the recipe for the sherry peppers? If you do I'd love for you to post that recipe - Here you go:

Fish Chowder

2 teaspoons butter
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 chile pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 pound fresh grouper, cut into chunks
1 whole carrot, peeled and chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 whole red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups fish stock or water
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Bermuda black rum or dark rum
1 teaspoon sherry peppers (a special Bermudan pepper-flavored sherry)

In a large saucepan, melt the butter over high heat. Add the onion, celery, and chili pepper and saute until tender; stir in the tomato paste. Add the grouper and stir until the fish is coated. Mix in the carrot, tomatoes, red pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, potato, and salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and add the fish stock, hot sauce, tomato juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer over medium heat for 1 hour.

Serve in bowls and drizzle with rum and sherry peppers.

This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.

Episode#: AD1C06

hey, thank you for the recipe, I actually don't like fish. . lol me being an inspiring cook. . . so I replaced it with chicken and it was awesome!!! no, sorry I do not have the recipe for the sherry pepper stuff. I wish I did. I will keep looking. At my work we have people who work in the prepared Dept and are very good cooks and they can help you with pretty much anything. Next time i am in I will ask and post what they said :)

Mochabean - this might be close or actually it

Ingredients :

6 x Habaneros, (up to 8)
4 x Cloves garlic, (up to 5)
1 tbl Black peppercorns
1 bot dry cocktail sherry

Here is a quick recipe from "A Dash of Elegance" for a pepper sherry. There are quite a few other flavored sherry recipes in there as well, but this is the first I plan to make.

Wash and dry the peppers. Pierce them in several places with a fork and put them in a wide mouthed jar. Add the garlic and peppercorns. Add the sherry, cover, and store in a cool dark place for 2 weeks. Strain the sherry through several layers of cheesecloth into the original bottle.

Discard the peppercorns but reserve the garlic and habaneros in a small jar with just enough sherry to cover and refrigerate and use with appropriate recipes.

Back
Top Bottom