Cheerios turns 70!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
70 years ago, the cereal cheerios was first sold, feeding people from a year old to 108 healthfully, a generation at a time.

i once thought i had a ghost in my alpha-bits cereal. it said, "ooOOOoo. oooOOOoo...."

but then i realized i was eating cheerios. :rolleyes:

lol, but seriously, i just heard on cbs news radio that today is cheerios' 70th birthday.

who doesn'!t love those little o's?

I've been eating them for most of that time. A week or two ago someone posted a thread showing Cheerios was one of the cereals that have dropped off a lot in sales. Since every baby in the country eats cheerios from their high chair trays and spill twice as much on the floor, it's hard to believe.

I love Cheerios.. any old way. I like them on their own for cereal or topped with different things (dried cranberries, raisins, sliced banana, alittle brown sugar, etc). My favorite Cheerio is the Honey-Nut cereal. My mom loved it, and I became hooked on it.

It's also good in party mix (Alix's Nuts & Bolts). Of all the cereals, I think I love Cheerios the best.

The cinnamon ones aren't that good. Nobody here liked them. In fact, I was wondering what I can do with them.

The cinnamon ones aren't that good. Nobody here liked them. In fact, I was wondering what I can do with them.
Use them in a trail mix..... with a Chex cereal, raisins, some kind of nut, pretzels... seasonings would be garlic powder, italian seasoning, alittle salt and pepper and cayenne pepper (if you like it sort of spicy). That is a great snack.

I keep a bag of frozen wild blueberries in the freezer. A handful in the cereal bowl with milk and sugar and a quick zap in the microwave to defrost the BBs and I have a tasty breakfast!

I also put the BBs in maple syrup and zap for waffle topping.

Use them in a trail mix..... with a Chex cereal, raisins, some kind of nut, pretzels... seasonings would be garlic powder, italian seasoning, alittle salt and pepper and cayenne pepper (if you like it sort of spicy). That is a great snack.
I forgot to add.... a bit of sugar would be good.. or "equal."

70 years ago, the cereal cheerios was first sold, feeding people from a year old to 108 healthfully, a generation at a time.

i once thought i had a ghost in my alpha-bits cereal. it said, "ooOOOoo. oooOOOoo...."

but then i realized i was eating cheerios. :rolleyes:

lol, but seriously, i just heard on cbs news radio that today is cheerios' 70th birthday.

who doesn'!t love those little o's?
Me! I hate Cheerios! I have always hated Cheerios! James likes them though, so I do buy them now and then. :)

Back
Top Bottom