"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Master Chef

Commercial Spray Oils Help

I am almost down to my last bit of Pam Olive Oil spray. I've been OK with it, I guess. But does anyone have any preference in these products?

Puh-Leeze do not tell me to buy one of those pumps where you put in your own oil. Bought one about ten years ago and it was a pain.

So far the Pam Olive Oil has been the best that I've tried (and I've been trying since the concept was invented).

Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Pam is the best I have found, also.

Of course, I love MY Mr. Misto...<ducking and running>

Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I am almost down to my last bit of Pam Olive Oil spray. I've been OK with it, I guess. But does anyone have any preference in these products?

Puh-Leeze do not tell me to buy one of those pumps where you put in your own oil. Bought one about ten years ago and it was a pain.

So far the Pam Olive Oil has been the best that I've tried (and I've been trying since the concept was invented).
Agreed. I thought the oil pump was a pain too. Ended up in the garbage one time when it was all gummed up (again). I use Pam.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Agreed. I thought the oil pump was a pain too. Ended up in the garbage one time when it was all gummed up (again). I use Pam.
Gee, you made me feel like I'm NOT a moron. Every time I went to use it I had to pump it like I was camping and had to pump the Coleman stove or camper sink pump. It clogged. I was throwing away good olive oil every time I used it!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Master Chef

I bought another brand the last time, I think maybe Wesson, and didn't like it as much as the Pam, although I don't think it really tastes like EVOO.

Anyone like any of the butter flavors? So far, none hit me at all. I actually don't hate margarine, and I wish they'd stick to that rather than aim for butter! Haha! How about neutral?

Please remember that I live in a small town. My grocery stores are, quite literally, Wal-Mart, Piggly-Wiggly, and, if I drive for a half hour (not what some of you might be thinking, half-hour in truly country, in the winter), Hi-Vee (the best, but we only do it monthly or so, why bother, there isn't that much better!). So no fancy brands from gourmet places!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
Head Chef

Tip for Pam spray users. That little black dot indicator of where the nozzle is supposed to be pointed wears off after awhile. I use a magic marker and make it obvious, all down the side there. I've never found out why the spray nozzle needs to be positioned to that marker.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

I have Pam also. My house brand sits in the cabinet unloved and still clogged. The Joy that has the flour in it, just clogged up. Just couldn't seem to get it to work. That went into the waste basket. Went back to greasing and flouring cake pans the old fashion way. My biggerst problem with arthritic hands is getting that dang top off. I no longer place it back on once I am able to get it off. I have even gone to male neighbors to ask them to remove it for me. I will stay with Pam.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I like PAM, but honestly I have had just as much success with WalMart's and Food Lion's brands.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #9
Cook

I have been using the Walmart brand Olive Oil spray for a couple of years
as money is very tight; and I have not had any problems with it at all.

Walmart.com: Great Value Olive Oil Cooking Spray, 7 oz: Condiments, Sauces & Spices

Old 01-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have Pam also. My house brand sits in the cabinet unloved and still clogged. The Joy that has the flour in it, just clogged up. Just couldn't seem to get it to work. That went into the waste basket. Went back to greasing and flouring cake pans the old fashion way. My biggerst problem with arthritic hands is getting that dang top off. I no longer place it back on once I am able to get it off. I have even gone to male neighbors to ask them to remove it for me. I will stay with Pam.
You're not alone there, Addie. I throw away all the PITA caps too.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote