"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 09-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by Rocklobster
Looks good. I have gotten into pork belly lately also.There are some great Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese recipes. I bought a whole pork belly from a producer at our local farmers market and have 5, 2 lb pieces in the freezer. I just have to pace myself and try not to eat it too fast. The last one I did was marinated over night in a porchetta type blend. Lots of garlic. It was awsome. Can't wait for the next one,
Yes I got this recipe from the food of Asia cookbook. It just looked so good and I have been obsessed with chicharon recently anyway. I just made sure it was dry and rubbed it with salt and five spice and let it roast. Concocted a dipping sauce with soy, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chili paste. It was so simple I can't believe it was so good.

Siegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
thanks for the suggestion, bill. what kind of seasonings would be nice in this ragu with the pork?
The usual- garlic, oregano, fennel seeds, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, hot red pepper flakes, black pepper corns, perhaps some coriander, and some basil at the end.

justplainbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Assistant Cook
pork belly is delicious. Pretty unhealthy so, I'd probably only have it once a month. Simple salt and pepper is always good. It's really nice to dip it in a sauce made of vinegar, a touch of soy sauce, and chopped up onions!

kportman is offline   Reply With Quote