Homemade Italian bread recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got this from 1 of the youtube channels i like to watch, this recipe is really good and i followed it step by step and it worked great! The only thing i would suggest is maybe add some sugar "a small amount", to give s touch more flavor, again, i really liked this one so wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qleVy4nGwSU
I didn't understand what makes this bread specifically Italian. It looks more or less like the usual way of making bread that I use. His kneading was a bit odd though

Not sure what is meant by Rapid Rise yeast. Is it what we call instant yeast (the sort you just chuck into the flour) or is it the dried active yeast that you reconstitute in water with a little sugar? If it was the former why did he mix it with water? And if the latter why didn't he leave it to froth up?

What's conditioner? I've never seen that mentioned in any bread recipe I've ever used. Is that vital wheat gluten?
I think it's what we call "dough improver". It's sold over here mainly for using with bread machines where the rise is very quick. It's supposed to help the yeast

Not sure what is meant by Rapid Rise yeast. Is it what we call instant yeast (the sort you just chuck into the flour) or is it the dried active yeast that you reconstitute in water with a little sugar? If it was the former why did he mix it with water? And if the latter why didn't he leave it to froth up?

RapidRise is a brand name of instant yeast in the U.S. While I can't answer why he did it that way, I probably would just to make sure it activates and also to dissolve. But, again, I don't use the product.

Back
Top Bottom