ISO Gingerbread "house" help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakerTanky

Assistant Cook
Hello, I am attempting a gingerbread castle this year in which i want to use royal icing for a stucco affect.Unfortunately after drying the icing falls off the gingerbread. I have tried glazing the gingerbread with egg white to no success. This is a rather Large castle and I really wnat to make this happen.. I am goin with a spainish/ italian theme and stucco would be a great affect.
thanks
Len:chef:

Hello Len, I came across your post while searching for templates for a gingerbread castle myself. Regarding your stucco question, last year I made a gingerbread lighthouse with caretakers cottage. For a whitewash effect on the lighthouse, I started with my royal icing, and added a drop of water at a time to thin out the icing to a consistency I could paint on the lighthouse. I believe you could thin it out to a fairly thick "stucco" consistency and paint onto your structure. Good Luck. If you could point me in the direction of a nice Castle template I'd realy appreciate it! Jim, opt4health1@comcast.net

I am making a gingerbread version of the Globe Theater (a theater from Shakespears time in which many of his plays were performed). It is round, similar to the shape of a very large doughnut. My question is: how can I make the gingerbread into a cylinder shape?

WOW!!! I am impressed!! I wouldn't even know how to begin such ambitious projects!! Would any of you be willing to share photos with us when your masterpieces are finished? Best of luck to all of you!

Thanks so much for the idea about putting the gingerbread between two cans! Now I'm just hoping all will go well when I actully attempt it.

Let me preface everything I saw with "I'm NOT a baker" :rolleyes:

On those cans make sure there is no "lip" or an edge that is a bit wider than the rest of the can.

OK, that's my one and only contribution to baking I have :cool:

Back
Top Bottom