ISO TNT Fondue Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackeeg

Cook
A group of teachers went to the Melting Pot last night, really fun! I thought it would be fun if I planned this as a meal for the family on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve. Does anyone have any good broth recipes, chz recipes and choc. recipes?

Thanks

My Dad always made the one with I think Swiss cheese from the Joy of Cooking book. I lost my copy, but if I go over there anytime soon I will find it for you. I've never had better!

My preferred fondues are meat or seafood ones - both requiring hot oil in a metal saucepan. The seafood one I have bowl of tempura batter to dip the seafood into. Don't tend to use chicken in the meat one, only lamb and beef. In both instances I serve with a selection of salads, sauces/chutneys and vegetables to dip. The seafood ones I would also have a bowl of rice on hand.

For dessert ones, a casserole dish over just a gentle candle to keep the chocolate moving. My group of friends always opted for melted toblerones or mars bars. Think they were just thinned down with cream. Could be wrong there though. We would serve with a selection of marshmellows, day old cake, profiteroles, fresh fruit, and I have a feeling a few of the attendees with extremely sweet tooths would even dip the leftover bars into the sauce! Serve also with a bowl of fresh and lightly whipped cream.

Here is A toblerone fondue recipe, but we didn't get into anything that fancy.
GourmetSleuth - Chocolate Toblerone Fondue

Hello Mackeeg:)

That is exactly my traditional New Years meal. We eat it at night while waiting for midnight. Then we go outside to look at the fireworks.
I just make the cheese one. Wine, cheese(emmentaal and gouda), garlic and butter.
I serve it with a mixture of home made or bought chutneys, pickles, hot sauce, relish, fried mushrooms.
For dipping in the fondau I have bread cubes and cubes of baked potatoes.

Mel

Disclaimer on your request:

I've tried to replicate the joy that is the Melting Pot. I fail miserably every time. It's rather unfortunate, but no fondue books out there really provide you with the flavors you're going to find at a fondue restaurant. It's all really rather bare bones out of those books.

That being said, the closest I come to enjoyable fondue at home (in terms of main course fondues, not cheese or chocolate fondues) are stock based fondues, not oil based.

Back
Top Bottom