Need two dishes for this week.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bt, got a brisket of corned beef in the fridge right now for next week. I don't wait for St Pat's once I year...it is too good!!!
mama. your sauce recipe is classic! (nice to see the fennel in it, something I use too!)

good stuff, robo! we have corned beef about 4 or 5 times a year. i prefer cook's brand corned beef. it's usually a few grans less fat pre serving, and less sodium.

and i love fennel, but i've never just put it in regular sauce! thanks mama! :chef:

yum.gif
oh, quicksilver,,,,, where did you get that smiley face????.......it's just what I want for people who post salivarious dishes......:ROFLMAO:debs

we will roll out the red carpet! :)

ok, if you have to roll out the red carpet you have to do what you have to do....:ROFLMAO:.....I've already told my hubby that I was ditching him for the museums in NYC............I want to read every little card on every little item and it drives him mad........he could not understand why I pushed and shoved people in front of the Rosetta stone at the British Museum as I was being pushed and shoved myself.......actually if any of you are ever in London for a few days do make the British Museum a must stop..........tons of great stuff to see

there is nothing more simple than boiled corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage. fill a large pot with water, plunk in the corned beef, bring to a boil. skim any scum that rises for about a half hour, then add a quartered head of cabbage, and some small potatoes. keep on a low bubble boil for another 45 m,inutes or so, until the cabbage and spuds are soft and cooked through.

if you want leftovers, be sure to buy the biggest corned beef you can find. they shrink up a lot.

Another great takke on this theme is New England Boiled Dinner. You can use any red meat for the meat, as in corned beef (my favorite too, BT), beef, oxtails, ham, venison (my second favorite in this dish), etc. I wouldn't use poultry or regular pork. Add a 1/4 head of cabbage, a chopped rutabega, a coarsely chopped onion, three carrots, cut into 2 inch chunks, garlic, salt, and pepper, with enough water to cover it all. Boil until the meat is tender. This meal is quickly done in a preassure cooker and also lends itself well to a slow cooker. It is wonderful.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom