Nutella chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I adore peanut butter (want a wild taste combine peanut butter and nutella - it's rather a nutty creation :LOL:).

It is soooo versatile and dependable. I love it in stir-fries, Thai dishes, desserts, sandwiches - you name it...It's just too bad that it's so high in fat!

p.s.
Anyone ever through calorie caution to the wind and fry up some of The King's favourite, fried banana and peanut butter?

p.s.s.
Crunchy or smooth?

We have a peanut butter version of nutella type stuff here which is OK but not a truly delicious as Nutella. Do you guys get little packs of Nutella with a tiny plastic spoon/scraper thing to eat it with?

ice cubes! i used to love those. i also used to love nutella.

Last edited:
I love them too! I waited all year for these special treats as we only ever got them at Christmas. Undoubtably one of my all time favourite chocolates!

ChocolateIceCubes33oz16.00.JPG

I'm so happy to have sparked good memories about Ice Cubes. My wife introduced them to me as we didn't have them while growing up. They aren't as plentiful as they once were, but I can still find them.

As far as fatty but yummy treats go, spread your favorite PB & J on whole wheat to make a standard sandwich. Then butter the outsides and cook like a grilled cheese. It change the sandwich from a kid-staple to an adult indulgence.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks for posting the picture of "Ice Cubes", now I know what you are talking about. Here in Canada we call them Icy Squares. I don't understand why things are named differently above and below the border. Odd isn't it?

Ken is our chocolate connossieur and he tells me that the quality of these (and many other) chocolates has changed. They are not quite as good as they once were. I believe him, but they taste FINE to me.

Wow Weed. Thanks for the memories of ice cubes. I recall when they were 2-5 cents in New Yawk City Candy Stores, next to the chunkies (chocolate, raisins & nuts), wax lips & wax soda bottles with a sweet syrup inside, reeses' peanut butter cups & pretzels.

Thanks for posting the picture of "Ice Cubes", now I know what you are talking about. Here in Canada we call them Icy Squares. I don't understand why things are named differently above and below the border. Odd isn't it?
Hi Alix,
You're taling to a Canadian gal, through and through :LOL:

I know them as Icey Sqaures too, in the bright jewel toned foil wrapper (in both cups and sqaure...never could pick a favourite). I've never seen them in Europe though
:(

Nutella is absolutely delicious!!! First time I ate it was over 14 years ago in Germany, just few years later nutella appeared in my homecountry. I must admitt that I was quite shocked when I came to Canada ( around 5 years ago) for the first time and except for Polish and German commuinity nobody seemed to know anything about Nutella. I am so glad that it is finally here :)

ICadvisor said:

Hi Alix,
You're taling to a Canadian gal, through and through :LOL:

I know them as Icey Sqaures too, in the bright jewel toned foil wrapper (in both cups and sqaure...never could pick a favourite). I've never seen them in Europe though
:(

Want me to send you some? They are such a treat. PM me if you want me to.

Here's a place you can buy ice cubes by the pound. About 34 pieces to a lb for $6.99
http://www.thechocolatestore.com/pd...moritz-4-7.aspx
Or you can buy 100 for $27.99 here
http://www.oryans.com/icecubchocca.html

Thank-you both so much, those links are very handy!
They sound like that
Looks like them too, being that the UK is closer this might be a good way to go, I've kept an eye open in Irish candy stores but have yet to see them. LOL, amazingly I've yet to find plain old red licorice (Twizzlers) either...:huh: Just have to keep hunting :mrgreen:

ICadvisor said:
Thank-you both so much, those links are very handy!
Looks like them too, being that the UK is closer this might be a good way to go, I've kept an eye open in Irish candy stores but have yet to see them. LOL, amazingly I've yet to find plain old red licorice (Twizzlers) either...:huh: Just have to keep hunting :mrgreen:
If theres a sweet you havn't seen in a while, you can be pretty sure they've got it. Glad to help :)

Hey everyone!!!!

I first discovered nutella when I was still living in Colombia. I had a german boyfriend who would go crazy over it. When I moved to Europe 5 years ago, I started seeing it everywhere. I especially have this souvenir from Bologna in Italy. I went there with a friend from school and since we were students (which = poor) we would only eat in mc donald's. When we got to Bologna we replaced Mc with a Nutelleria!!! It is this shop, like a bakery, where you can sit down for some coffee and a piece of chocolate something. They sold crepes, croissants, bread, cookies, all you can imagine in a bakery topped with nutella. And for extra cost, they added fruit pieces. Guess where I spent all of my money when I was in Bologna. It's been 5 years and I remember bologna and get this craving for nutella.

My fiance (Belgian) is addicted to Nutella. Sometimes we buy some and he can easily eat 3 or 4 slices of bread with nutella in the morning. I, on the other hand, am more of a salty person in the morning. I like eggs and ham and bacon. But when it comes to nutella... You can guess what happens:-p

Last edited:
Alix said:
Want me to send you some? They are such a treat. PM me if you want me to.

Sorry, ate them all already. By the way, when were you going to tell me you had a whole bag of salt water taffy stashed away?:mad:

Back
Top Bottom