"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #81
Executive Chef

Nutty Over Nutella

When I bumped into this recipe, I remembered all the Nutella fans here... so here's another one:

Nutella Ice Cream Cups
Servings: 8

1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
1 cup nutella
2 pints coffee ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
8 whole toasted peeled hazelnuts

Have ready 8 ramekins with a 5 to 6 oz capacity. Spread 1/4 cup chocolate ice cream in the bottom of each ramekin. Drizzle 2 tsp nutella evenly over the chocolate ice cream. Spread 1/2 cup coffee ice cream in each ramekin. Smooth the top. Freeze the ramekins until the coffee ice cream is firm, about 30 minutes. Removing only 4 ramekins from the freezer at a time, spread a smooth layer of nutella over the coffee ice cream. Place a hazelnut in the center of each filled ramekin. Freeze the ramekins just until the topping is firm, about 15 minutes. Serve.

TO FREEZE AHEAD: Wrap each ramekin tightly with plastic wrap. Gently press heavy aluminum foil around each ramekin. Label with date and contents. Freeze up to 2 weeks.

TO SERVE: Unwrap the ramekins and let sit at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes to soften the ice cream slightly.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:16 PM   #82
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Lyn,
just saw your post.
Yes, please post your recipe, I'd love to have it..

kadesma
kadesma,

Here is the Hazelnut Truffle recipe:

1 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 lb. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup Nutella
2 1/2 c of hazelnuts

Line an 8x8 pan with a piece of parchment paper; let paper extend over the edge.
Pour cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a full boil over medium heat.
Remove from heat and slowly whisk in chopped chocolate and butter until melted.
Stir in Nutella.
Pour into prepared pan. Chill mixture.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, toast until lightly browned and skins crack, about 5-7 minutes. While still warm, rub hazelnuts with a kitchen towel to remove as much skin as possible. Let cool, and chop very finely.
Remove truffle mixture from pan by carefully pulling up by the edges of the paper. Put on a large work surface. Using a long, sharp, knife dipped in hot water and dried, cut into one inch squares. Roll into traditional ball shape and press into hazelnuts. Place in candy papers and referigerate. Serve at room temperature. Truffles may be stored in tight containers up to a week at a cool temperature.

Obtained from NorthStar Market, Bakerstown, PA

Enjoy!!

Old 01-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Lyn,
the recipe look lucious and I'll be making thm possibly this week end.. Thank you again for sharing with us,

kadesma
Old 08-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #84
Sous Chef

Woah. So did I. Heared for years, just tasted it recently.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #85
Executive Chef

I like to make grilled nutella and fresh strawberry sandwiches for breakfast. Butter the outsides of a nice brioche bread. Spread nutella on one slice, and top with fresh strawberry slices. Top with the other slice of bread, and then grill. When you flip it, sprinkle the hot top slice with sugar, the heat will make it adhere and become crunchy. When you flip it again to the plate, sprinkle that side with sugar, as well. By all means, serve this with champagne...
Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #86
Master Chef

skip the strawberries for bananas...........
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #87
Everymom

Anyone ever try Nutella instead of peanut butter for cookies? (Having a deja vu moment, I think I posted this before...OOPS!) I have been intending to try it for some time now and STILL haven't done it. Maybe today if I have time.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #88
Master Chef

I'd use nutella instead of peanut butter any time, any day, anywhere.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:05 AM   #89
Senior Cook

I haven't tried it in cookies but I swirl it into my brownie mixture. Love it!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #90
Senior Cook

Oh mannnn I haven't tasted nutella for years. I think we're going shopping in a little while and I think I saw nutella in stop and shop so I will have to buy a jar. I used to love nutella on toast. I saw someone had an idea of adding a little nutella to hot chocolate. Sounds a wonderful idea!!
I hate peanut butter. I used to like crunchy peanut butter when I was a kid but now I can't stand the stuff. Even the smell of it puts me off lol. And now I am living in the land of peanut butter! LOL