Pancake help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, now I'm feeling really dumb. I don't see my mistake, and I've looked over the sentence a bunch of times. It's probably a case of my mind, reading what it wants to see. Please, let me in on my mistake.:(

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh, Chief, it was corrected! You had "ass 1 cup blueberries.". It made for much merriment! And no one had spotted it till it was pointed out by Kaylinda this morning!

Last edited:
Oh, Chief, it was corrected! You had "ass 1 cup blueberries.". It made for much merriment! And no one had spotted it till it was pointed out by Kaylinda this morning!

Spotted by someone who had not had their coffee, yet.:rolleyes: We tried hard to get all the "ss"es off the forum...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! is all I can say. I haven't spoken, or written any kind of swear word in 37 years, true story. I just purged those words from my vocabulary. And then, I made such a typo, in front of the whole world. Yup, there goes my reputation.:LOL: I really need to proofread my stuff before I post it.:rolleyes:

And thank you, wonderful mods, for correcting my mistake.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotted by someone who had not had their coffee, yet.:rolleyes: We tried hard to get all the "ss"es off the forum...

Guilty.... :LOL:

Typos happen all the time and this one was hilarious, imo AND understandable. The s key and the d key are side by side.

asd.jpg

I think the topic is pretty well covered, but I agree, IMO way too much leavening. That's the bitter taste.

I too would add an egg to pancake batter, and a bit of oil.

Chief Longwind - How many pancakes do you get from your doubled recipe?

Eight to ten pancakes can be had from that recipe, depending on the size of the pancakes. I get eight, as I can just barely cook four on my square griddle. Flipping them to all fall on just the right spot is an art. They are literally, a quarter inch apart. Once in a while, one will end up slightly on top of another. It ruins the perfection and I get perturbed at myself when it happens.

And you don't have to say it, I'm a strange guy.:LOL: My genetic traits are responsible for the odd things that my DD's do as well, at least some of the odd things, poor girls.

Seeeeee; Chief Longwind of the North.

Eight to ten pancakes can be had from that recipe, depending on the size of the pancakes. I get eight, as I can just barely cook four on my square griddle. Flipping them to all fall on just the right spot is an art. They are literally, a quarter inch apart. Once in a while, one will end up slightly on top of another. It ruins the perfection and I get perturbed at myself when it happens.

And you don't have to say it, I'm a strange guy.:LOL: My genetic traits are responsible for the odd things that my DD's do as well, at least some of the odd things, poor girls.

Seeeeee; Chief Longwind of the North.

Thanks Chief Longwind. That means I can half the recipe for just DH and I and use the doubled recipe when my grandson stays over.

It's OK that you're strange. I tend to like strange.

Thanks Chief Longwind. That means I can half the recipe for just DH and I and use the doubled recipe when my grandson stays over.

It's OK that you're strange. I tend to like strange.
You could do what Stirling does. He mixes up a big batch of the dry ingredients and puts most of it in a large jar. Then when he wants to make pancakes, he takes some of the dry ingredients and adds the wet ones to the already mixed dry ones. He wrote up a little chart on the front of the dry of ingredients that says how much of the various wet ingredients to add to how much of the dry that is on the jar.

You could do what Stirling does. He mixes up a big batch of the dry ingredients and puts most of it in a large jar. Then when he wants to make pancakes, he takes some of the dry ingredients and adds the wet ones to the already mixed dry ones. He wrote up a little chart on the front of the dry of ingredients that says how much of the various wet ingredients to add to how much of the dry that is on the jar.

I used to do that when I'd go camping with DW and the kids. I even went so far as to add the correct amount of powdered eggs and powdered milk, so that I only needed to add water and cooking oil. I didn't ave to carry around a lot of perishable goods. It worked great.

Thanks for sharing that idea. It brings back such good memories.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I wonder if using ice water would improve the recipe...

And if it hasn't already been mentioned, don't over mix the ingredients. Stop mixing before you have a uniformly mixed batter.

Back
Top Bottom