Pizza Screen??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcc1961

Assistant Cook
Are pizza screens easy to keep the pizza from sticking to them ,and should you spray them with pam to help this process?

I worked at a pizza place in college, & I've only seen crust get stuck in pizza screens, not onto them, & only under 2 circumstances:

1. whoever put the crust on the screen pressed it down onto the screen, so when the dough cooked, the areas that got pushed through expanded, hardened, and got stuck.
2. the screen was old & the mesh started to break & warp, & the dough wrapped around broken bits of the screen while it cooked.

So, gently lay your crust on the screen, gently spread the sauce & add the toppings, and make sure your screen is in good repair & you shouldn't have any problems. Other toppings stick to screens pretty readily though. We always just threw them back in the oven until the stuck-on food burnt to crumbs & was easy to scrape off.

I think sprout pretty much has it. Be kind to the dough when you put it on the screen, it isn't delicate but treating it rough will make it unhappy.

Back
Top Bottom