"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

evernote looks like a good idea... i will get that...

as far as sticking to one cookbook... i have to be carefull how I say this it seems I am not aloud to talk about it lol i watched a movie and took a very corney idea from it. Julie and Julia... I thought about doing much the same she did but with a healthy book... just pick one "doccument" it and post it all for people to see. I am no chef, I work in a lab in a factory. I really don't know how to make fancy stuff i just love to cook for people, and i am ok at what i do. I guess the challenge and the fun in writing about it is the frusteration of learning something someone else perfected, but in my own kitchen with my own crapy stuff lol and watching my family attempt to eat it with fear in their eyes.

We have plans for a few dished that no one else in the house will eat, so we are going to have friends come over and might even video some of the reactions and post those too... it's a fun project while I attempt to lose weight.

www.DouglasMB.Wordpress.com
DouglasMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
True, but it's kind of cool, too. Like that Julie Julia movie.
Maybe he should start a blog and document everything
SHHHHH dont say that... i'm going to get black listed lol

Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMB View Post
SHHHHH dont say that... i'm going to get black listed lol
No, no. sorry. I don't mean to sound critical. I am just trying to help. I picked up the fact that you aren't an experienced cook and for that reason, was just trying to make things easier on you by not putting too much pressure on yourself. That can ruin a perfectly good hobby. Just like golf ruins a perfectly good walk.lol

Personally, I have learned not to follow recipes and, like janaAZ says, they are just inspiration.

Do what you want, really. Enjoy!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
No, no. sorry. I don't mean to sound critical. I am just trying to help. I picked up the fact that you aren't an experienced cook and for that reason, was just trying to make things easier on you by not putting too much pressure on yourself. That can ruin a perfectly good hobby. Just like golf ruins a perfectly good walk.lol

Personally, I have learned not to follow recipes and, like janaAZ says, they are just inspiration.

Do what you want, really. Enjoy!
Rock that was not directed tword you :) and thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it. Any help will be a great help to me at this point.

I think for me as frusteraiting as it is it will still be fun lol