Quick Grits??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DGRUBER326

Assistant Cook
I JUST STARTED A EXEC. CHEF POSITION AND THE OTHER CHEF HAD ORDERED A WHOLE CASE OF QUICK GRITS AND NOW I AM TRYING TO FIND WAYS I CAN MOVE THEM OUT OF HERE WITHOUT LOSING MONEY. YOU THINK THEY CAN BE USED FOR A THICKENING AGENT?? PLEASE HELP ME :ermm:

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS SPOOKIE326@YAHOO.COM

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
DAVID

What use did the other guy have in mind for them?

Never heard of using grits to thicken other dishes.

Server them for breakfast or make a dessert with them.

Where I used to work we would make an appetizer with them. Make a thick mixture, with Parmesan cheese, form into balls. Here's where I can't quite remember - they may have had an eggwash/breadcrumb coating - and then they were deep fried.

The sauce was made out of pickled ginger, jalopeno peppers, and some sort of jelly I think - I'll see if I can find the recipe.

I guess one could make dollar size pancakes with the grits, egg, maybe some very thin strips of zucchini or okra and some dill for color and flavor.

Could top with crème fraiche or sour cream and caviar, or faux caviar, maybe garnishing the plate with a few narrow slices of smoked salmon, sprinkled with some diced onions and capers and toss on a couple of garlic chives for decoration.

Suppose it could be served as an appetizer or brunch item called Georgian blinis.

Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom